Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2007 xrunner and recently had the motor replace because of knocking issues. The shop I took it to put in a 2011 1grfe I believe from a sr5. Now I have issues p0011 and p0012. The motor it self is good. Compression, sensors, etc. how do I fix this problem?

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Based on a Google search, P0011 (timing over-advanced) and P0012 (timing over-retarded) are codes for the variable valve timing. Both are Bank 1, so the right (passenger side) cylinder head. Possibly a bad camshaft position sensor. The engine is out of a different year truck, so was the ECU swapped as well? It may be as easy as a reflash of the ECU (by the dealer), or it might take some parts.

The truck the engine came out of might have been throwing P0011/P0112 codes before it ended up in the junkyard. I would go back to the shop that did the swap.

·
Premium Member
965 Posts
Also, do you have information on the truck that the donor engine came out of, like what the odometer reading was? If it was a really high mileage engine, it could also have a bad timing chain (lots of slack) or a bad tensioner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
sharkinstx
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing