Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, i'm new at this whole car thing and i need some help here :-\
i have a 98 Toyota Camry, just bought it off a dealership about 2 weeks ago, i've noticed that my gas miliage has been around 18-20. Is there something i can do to improve that. Where should i begin to check on the car?
Thank you

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
you can try cleaning the injectors and the tb. also a tune up is a good way to go.

·
I'm a Mac
DD - 94 Mitsu 3000GT
4,062 Posts
Chevron.

anyways... i would make sure the dealer did a full tuneup and inspection. usually they tend to fix whats wrong, but if something is slightly worn, they'd let it slide. i would say either you are driving the car too rough or there is something dragging down your gas mileage. i would take it to a trusted mechanic and have them check it out. if there is anything that they find wrong or worn, by all means, take it back to the dealer with proof from your own mechanic that something isnt what it should be. they should fix it for you. normally a good tune up will help out your gas mileage, make sure they did a tuneup before selling the car.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
I bet its a dirty ass air filter. Check it, and if needed; change it. And if you got tons of shit in the trunk, take it out! Carry only what you need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts