Toyota Nation Forum banner

Need idea for wheels? Here's my build so far!

6068 Views 30 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  edwardsimmons96
Hi everyone. :)

So, I just started working on this car 'round April 2016...
What I've done so far is just
- Plasti-dip the crap out of the emblems
- Plasti-dip the crap out of the wheels (Hence why I'm looking for wheels :p)
- Borla exhaust
- Tein coilovers
- Window visors
- Cheap front lip (lol)
- Vinyl eyelids & a cute little tacky decal on my rear windshield

What wheels I'm looking for and NOT looking for
- NO WHITE!!!!!! :(
- Must be 17's and 5x100
- Thinking about bronze? But I'm open to other colors
- Looking for something aggressive
- Nothing with 12012984091 spokes please

* TSW Nurburgring bronze

* Sparco assetto garra

*JNC 010

* Vordoven Forme9

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

· 10th Gen Addict
2011 Toyota Corolla
3,481 Posts
Welcome to TN dorykins! :welcome: I like the looks of your Corolla and I'm guessing it's a 2011 so it's pretty much just like mine (except mine is basically stock)! Since I'm a fan of 5 spoke wheels, I'd choose the JNC 010 wheels.

· Slowrolla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to TN dorykins! :welcome: I like the looks of your Corolla and I'm guessing it's a 2011 so it's pretty much just like mine (except mine is basically stock)! Since I'm a fan of 5 spoke wheels, I'd choose the JNC 010 wheels.

Hi!!! I literally just made this account to ask for ideas. @[email protected]'
Yeah, I don't like anything with too many spokes. I like those too! I'm soo picky when it comes to wheels though haha

· Registered
09 Carolla S Wagon
744 Posts
Welcome!
Glad to see some new members working on their rides.

Out of the wheels you listed Id pick the TSW's hands down.
They are the highest quality of the bunch and probably the lightest.
If you can afford them, definitely get them.
In second place I'd go with the Sparcos. They are also a well known brand and their quality is good.
Although the other wheels are reproductions of classic wheels like the SSR proffesor SP1/Work Meisters and Work Emotions, I'd stay clear of cheap knockoffs if your planning on doing any kind of hard driving. I suppose they would be ok for normal commuting but you get what you pay for.
Plus I'm not one to fake the funk.

Tough decisions ahead, keep us posted with what you get. Also what kind of rubber you gonna run?
Good luck!

· Registered
106 Posts
I like the stock wheels. They are a nice 5-spoke black wheel which is my favorite most cars. I suggest putting that wheel money into TRD suspension upgrades starting with a strut bar, then roll bars, and lowering springs. Upgrading just the tires alone will make a big difference.

Have fun

· Slowrolla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome!
Glad to see some new members working on their rides.

Out of the wheels you listed Id pick the TSW's hands down.
They are the highest quality of the bunch and probably the lightest.
If you can afford them, definitely get them.
In second place I'd go with the Sparcos. They are also a well known brand and their quality is good.
Although the other wheels are reproductions of classic wheels like the SSR proffesor SP1/Work Meisters and Work Emotions, I'd stay clear of cheap knockoffs if your planning on doing any kind of hard driving. I suppose they would be ok for normal commuting but you get what you pay for.
Plus I'm not one to fake the funk.

Tough decisions ahead, keep us posted with what you get. Also what kind of rubber you gonna run?
Good luck!
Yeah, lol. I liked those first. They caught my eye, then I saw the price. :crying: I am using this corolla as a commuter car haha, but sometimes I do drive pretty rough. Thanks for the input!!

I like the stock wheels. They are a nice 5-spoke black wheel which is my favorite most cars. I suggest putting that wheel money into TRD suspension upgrades starting with a strut bar, then roll bars, and lowering springs. Upgrading just the tires alone will make a big difference.

Have fun
I like 5-spokes too, but I'm getting a little tired of looking at these crap-plasti dipped wheels lmfao. My car is sitting on coilovers, I was going to lower them more as soon as I got wheels. Haha I haven't looked into the others because I don't drive THAT rough... I drive like a grandma sometimes lol.

Welcome! Nice S!

Im partial to ROTA GRIDS myself, i know they aren't on your list but google Corolla with ROTA GRIDs and you'll see some nice pics.

Nice build so far bro! I have those side window visors and paint-matched eyelids too! Nice front lip, where'd you get it?
Yeah! It's okay if they aren't on my list. I'm open to options :)

What about those? How do you feel about bronze lol? I freaking HATE my magnetic gray car. lol I do not know what color wheels. I got it at Home Depot lol, it's just a garage door rubber seal thingy. :p

· Registered
29 Posts
Roadside Assistance

Hi Everyone,

I would like to introduce myself, My name is Catherine and I am a customer service representative for UBEEPUS www.ubeepus.com Today, UBEEPUS has partnered with Nation Safe Drivers (NSD) who services over fifteen million customers annually. Nation Safe Drivers is one of the largest suppliers of auto-related, supplemental products since 1962. UBEEPUS has a special promotion for Toyota Nation Subscribers. You can receive a Classic Plan Roadside Assistance Membership starting at $39.95 by using Promo Code 100254

· Diehard Rams Fan
23,754 Posts
What's wrong with white wheels? They would look great on your car. I like the Sparco wheels out of those 3. I can't stand the look of the JNC 010 wheels, that is one ugly 5 spoke wheel! :lol:

· Slowrolla
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What's wrong with white wheels? They would look great on your car. I like the Sparco wheels out of those 3. I can't stand the look of the JNC 010 wheels, that is one ugly 5 spoke wheel! :lol:
Just a personal preference ^_^ I don't want white wheels for my car and also they seem to be high maintenance lol. I live 5 spokes but everyone keeps suggesting chrome lipped wheels haha, maybe I thought some of you would like. :p

How is the ride on the tein coilovers ? Im gonna get those soon for my rolla im tired of the tein springs.
Pretty good for the most part. lol :)

Send me a link on that tein coilovers

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk
Here are the ones I have:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/TEIN-GSTB0-1USS2-STREET-BASIS-COILOVERS-09-15-TOYOTA-COROLLA-MADE-IN-JAPAN-/131817405984?fits=Model%3ACorolla&hash=item1eb0edfe20:m:mbJ5SbTozHrZrWHgwx9kgpA&vxp=mtr

Y'alllll, I found some other options maybe...
What are you opinions on these? :3
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Enkei-Wheels-EKM3-Rim-17x7-5x100-ET45-72-6CB-Gunmetal-Paint-/221944817632?hash=item33acf127e0:g:eek:ioAAOSwcdBWTSfI&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Enkei-EKM3-Wheels-17x7-5x100-Gunmetal-Rims-45mm-/272104248642?hash=item3f5aad5542:g:7F4AAOSwa-dWltkH&vxp=mtr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-Enkei-YS5-Wheels-Rims-17x7-5-5x100-45mm-Hyper-Black-/262239300957?hash=item3d0eae2d5d:g:14IAAOSwT~9WlxFQ&vxp=mtr

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.