Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently in the process of rebuilding the Camry i bought about a week ago. Starting off with the interior then moving onto the body. So, what ideas would you guys have for the interior of my car? Can i add anything to it at all? newer Camry interior parts or anything like that?
As for wheels, what would you guys prefer to see on an 86 Camry? I know it's not much of a car but the parts i'm putting on it like wheels and such i could always remove when i come to sell the car. So, give me ideas please. I'm open to any suggestions and thanks for your input before hand.

·
Not so Noob now!
564 Posts
The sad thing about the wheels on a first gen Camry is they are 4 bolt. You might be better off with a decent set of wheel covers. You might also be able to use bucket seats from newer models and maybe the steering wheel. But as for interior trim, not very likely. Your car will make a great daily driver.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would put in real Sheep Skins, front and back. Girls dig the Skin.

If it doesn't have carpet, put some in. Then, some nice floor mats. Sheep skin, preferably. Girls dig the Skin.

Get a steering wheel cover to match your interior. You might even find one made of Sheep Skin. Girls dig the Skin.

Don't forget the sounds. A clean, modest audio system will make your daily driving easier. If you can't afford a system yet, you can get a Davul and put it in the back seat. It's made of Sheep Skin. You know what's up...

Spray the interior something nice smelling and go pick up a girl. Get her into the back seat, Skin her up and get your Sheep on.

Baaaa!!!

Davul description found here:
http://www.allaboutturkey.com/muzikalet.htm

Sheepskins found here:
http://www.sheepskin.com/index.cfm?adref=23

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rawdawg said:

If it doesn't have carpet, put some in. Then, some nice floor mats. Sheep skin, preferably. Girls dig the Skin.

Get a steering wheel cover to match your interior. You might even find one made of Sheep Skin. Girls dig the Skin.

Don't forget the sounds. A clean, modest audio system will make your daily driving easier. If you can't afford a system yet, you can get a Davul and put it in the back seat. It's made of Sheep Skin. You know what's up...

Spray the interior something nice smelling and go pick up a girl. Get her into the back seat, Skin her up and get your Sheep on.

Baaaa!!!

Sheepskins found here:

you know what..i actually love the sheep skin idea..but were you serious about it?

·
Reppin my Home
343 Posts
rawdawg said:

Baaaa!!!

Sheepskins found here:
Haha :lol: :thumbup:

Chicks -do- dig the sheepskin though.. :D

·
Registered
159 Posts
Magog said:
you know what..i actually love the sheep skin idea..but were you serious about it?
It depends on what you're after but I'm serious about the skins.

When I had skins in my car(they finally fell apart) everybody, but girls especially, would sit down and immediately get that "dreamy" look in their eyes. They would comment on how nice and comfortable my car was.

In my Gen 2 Camry, I am focusing on creature comforts rather than high tech gadgets, oddly painted parts and trick mods. Thusly, the skins(soon), the audio system, the heater and air conditioning, the weekly vacuuming and wipe down. I have a Shiatsu styled Massage chair attachment but it needs to be converted to 12v. If I can figure it out, I will have, in my estimation, interior nirvana.

It's all about the skins, baby!

·
Registered
85 toyota camry
92 Posts
Im pretty sure 1st gen camrys are 5 bolt...
I own a 85 camry and It is a 5 bolt.
It may just be hard to find rims for that old of a camry?
Ive never really searched it though

as for the interior there are some cool seat covers you can buy for the front and back try searching - seat covers on google or somethin
as for the rest Im not to sure what you can add..
the rest may need to be custom work done by yourself or a company

·
Registered
Look in sig
9,114 Posts
Gen 1 Camry wheels are 5 bolt.

Your best bet is to repaint the stock rims with something in my opinion. No doubt the orginal factory "silver" paint (I believe) is still on. You could always search for those factory alloys though and paint them with something.

Basically, there's not a whole lot stuff in terms of "things" that can be done with a Gen 1 or even a Gen 2 camry since parts themselves are hard to come by at times. Since what I'm planning for my Grandparents Gen1 is just fix it up to factory and then maybe think about moding the tail lights with LED or something to give it a modern touch while keeping the "old" with the car. Just by having a 20 year old car running is amazing to begin with.

·
JUST RE ENGINEER IT
98 Prizum
2,983 Posts
wait a minute, they were 5 bolt, i have a set of alum wheels off one, they fit my gen2 back over the drums but the calipers hit on front, get some nice le or es250 wheels on it, the steering wheel from a gen2-es250 will fit too, the seats might, go get a seat out of one and see if it will, the back seat might be too wide, the gen1 is a noisy car and is quite light, a good sound deadning treatment and carpoet insulation pad will do wonders and insulate the firewall inside and the trunk also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts