Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Installed my Donahoe coil-over(and Total chaos uca) todays.But I forgot to take a measurement with the previous 3"(spacer)lift.So can someone give me a measurement from the center of your rim, to the fender-well?If you have the stock TRD off-road rims, could you measure from this point(easiest and most accurate for me to get a reading)?(see 1st picture below)If you don't have the TRD offroad rim(i.e. aftermarket rims), then a measurement from dead center of rim is fine.
If you have the donahoes coil-overs, then a measurement from the top upper mount(right at the threads), to the adjuster ring.(see last picture)
By the way, it's a pain in the ass to crank these coil-overs to gain more ride heighth.What gives?I feel like the tool is on the verge of breaking, and sending my fist hurtling into a world of hurt(gave up after 2 full rotations)...:disappoin Do you think WD-40 will make it turn easier?I lifted the truck off the ground, as stated in the manual.How many inches does it lift the truck, each full rotation(about 1/4"?)of the adjuster ring?And why is the drivers side lower then the passengers side?I made 2 full rotations on the drivers side coil-over, and the passengers side is still higher by 1/2".
Thanks

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
Best I can do is give you is floor to wheelhouse lip measurements taken at axle centerlines from a stock '06 DC TRD OR with less than 1000 miles on the clock.

Left Front

Right Front

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
So is the end of the tape measure resting on the floor?Because when I measured from the center of the rim(1st picture in original post), I got about 22 3/4" where your tape measure shows 34 3/4".
By the way, are those stock rugged trail tires?This might throw my measurement off, as I have bigger tires.

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Some how I must of skipped him mentioning that it was taken from the floor.I just speed read, and saw him mention wheelhouse lip taken at axle centerlines.

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
1st_Cavalry said:
So is the end of the tape measure resting on the floor?Because when I measured from the center of the rim(1st picture in original post), I got about 22 3/4" where your tape measure shows 34 3/4".
By the way, are those stock rugged trail tires?This might throw my measurement off, as I have bigger tires.
Yes, they are stock 265/70/16 BFG Rugged Trails @ door sticker psi....the truck is less than 1K miles, bone stock except for Westin bull bar w/PIAA 520s, Westin step rails, and VentShade deflector and ventvisors.

I have no idea what tires you're running but it should be simple for you to run them through a tire calculator and add 1/2 the diameter difference to the measurements (if yours are taller).

Note also that measurements were taken with the truck sitting on a perfectly level concrete floor.

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm going to be taking my truck in for alignment Monday, so I want to get my front end as close to 3".Anyone else got any measurements?I kind of want to get an average.
Thanks

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
Let me get this right. I'm assuming you're not running a differential drop but want 3" net front lift....regardless that every recommendation I've seen states not to lift over 2.5" because of excessive CVJ/boot wear and vibe problems.

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have a diff drop.The lift I had in previously, was the stock TRD off-road coilover + toytec 3" spacer lift.So I want to be at the same height as I was before with the toytec 3" lift.

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Just a quick question.Since I have an ARB bumper + winch, that will cause my front end to sag a little(due to the extra weight).Should I crank up my Donahoes to the exact same height as before with the spacer lift?Or will I be fine cranking it up to the same height as those who have no extra weight up front?Not sure if this will change anything with my alignment with or without an ARB bumper vs resting height with or without extra weight up front(cranking up the front more to compensate for the extra weight)?Not sure if this question makes any sense... ;)
Thanks

·
Registered
2014.5 Camry SE
293 Posts
Hey, 1stCav....it would be a big help if you'd create a sigline with complete truck specs. The only static adjustment specs I recall seeing was in a post by "Hytenor" on ttora.com. Thanks and regards,

·
I had a six pack
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Yea, I probably should put my truck specs in my sig, just haven't gotten around to it.My lift before was:
3" Toytec coil-over spacer lift w/ diff drop + AAL rear.Now, I have Donahoe Coil-overs plus Total Chaos UCA still with Diff drop.Rear is OME Dakar leaf springs.

My neighbor finally woke up, so I asked if I could measure his stock 05 Tacoma.My measurements were(taken from center of hub cap to fenderwell):
Front 20", Rear 22".Currently my truck is at 21" front, and 25" rear.I was thinking of cranking the front up to 23".Since stock height is 20", wouldn't 23" =3" lift?
Thanks everyone!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts