Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear fellow Yaris owners,

I am unusually tall (about 6'6") and have recently purchased a five-speed Yaris. I recently injured my left knee, which is incidentally constantly put under stress due to constant shifting. My question is, does anyone know how to get more legroom ? I was thinking of maybe changing the clutch travel so that my left leg isn't so cramped, or if need be repostion the seat by altering the seat rails. I know the dealer is not interested in doing these alterations, but some places will (mostly for handicapped drivers). Do you have any better suggestions?? The Yaris is a great car, but it would be even greater if it had a bit more legroom.

·
TN Member
Prius
5,461 Posts
the dealer isn't interested in altercations.... right.. so much for "dealers will be happy to assist you in meeting your needs" in the manual. I guess that's just for fat people and seatbelt extensions.

·
'09 iQ Diesel
iQ
792 Posts
I'm 6'7" and drive the 1. gen. Yaris as well, so I can see where you'r comming from.

Don't you think it would be easier to change the rails the seat glides on so the seat can be pushed further back? It's a fairly simple design with 4 large screws, but I don't know what the law is in Vancouver about changing those.

·
Registered
78 Posts
^^^I hope the clutch idea works out for you. I'm 6'4" and have no complaints about the leg room in my 2002 echo, but one thing I did notice when test driving other cars was the pillar. I've test driven most compact and sub-compact cars made up until 2004. When I adjusted the seat (usually all the way back and crushing the legs of those in the back, even snap, crackle and pop) I would look to my left and see nothing but pillar. I was leaning forward every time I checked traffic, which was hurting my back/neck/shoulders .

I don't have to do this in my echo, which was a HUGE selling point. This is why I hope the clutch idea works for you.....unless you have to lean forward already.;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Move the seat back???

I too am looking for ideas for moving the driver's seat back even an inch or two (2-4cm). If anyone has any experience with this I would love to hear about it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts