Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, guys i was black housing my headlights and on the driver side headlight i accidentally melted the plastic lens cover. the other headlight came out perfect because i learned from my first mistake. So, i need a new plastic lens cover. i was wondering if anybody new where i could buy this piece separately from the headlight assembly?

·
Registered
09 Toyota Matrix XR
162 Posts
hi, guys i was black housing my headlights and on the driver side headlight i accidentally melted the plastic lens cover. the other headlight came out perfect because i learned from my first mistake. So, i need a new plastic lens cover. i was wondering if anybody new where i could buy this piece separately from the headlight assembly?
That sucks dude. At this point, I'm guessing your only bet is the stealership, or you could try your luck at a junkyard.

Would you be able to tell me how you blackhoused them?? The second one anyways lol I tried but the glue they used was retarded, and I didn't want to break anything so I quit haha. Any pics aswell?

·
Registered
25 Posts
That sucks dude. At this point, I'm guessing your only bet is the stealership, or you could try your luck at a junkyard.

Would you be able to tell me how you blackhoused them?? The second one anyways lol I tried but the glue they used was retarded, and I didn't want to break anything so I quit haha. Any pics aswell?
you gotta bake your housing so the glue melts i believe.

heres a great vid. its for retrofitting the headlight...but it goes through the process of taking the headlight apart!

·
Registered
09 Toyota Matrix XR
162 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts