Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The check engine light came on my '93 Tercel two days after having the A/C recharged. I looked under the hood and noticed that both wires for the oxygen sensor were unplugged. The plastic plug was still connected, just the wires with the brass ends were out. The colors are blue and white. If anyone knows which way to reconnect the wires it would be very helpful. I think the corresponding wires are dark green or black and a dark brown???
I am on vacation up in the Colorado Rocky Mountains and would like to connect the wires for the drive back to Kansas City.

Thanks in advance!

-Michael

·
Registered
75 Posts
sounds like 2 of the wires were ripped out of the 02 sensor box. your going to need a manual to know which color wire goes into which slot. im pretty sure you can find diagrams/information on the web about tercel 02 sensors.

but also disconnect your battery when working on it to be safe. (i've have bad expierence)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions.
I did figure it out, though. I found a picture of an O2 sensor on a parts store web site, with a good shot of the plastic plug end and the wires going into it. Fed the wires into the plug, plugged it back in, pulled the 15amp-EFI fuse for a minute, and the problem was solved!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts