Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2013 Corolla S
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am working on adding a factory style remote trunk release to my 2013 Corolla; the only Toyota vehicle that has the right style button appears to be the FRS/BRZ. I can get the switch on eBay but I cannot find the correct pigtail or a dealer that knows the part number to order.

I just need the 3 or 4 inch pigtail that come out of the switch on the the lower left of the dash.

Can anyone here help me out?

Thanks!

·
Toyota Collector
11,831 Posts

·
2013 Corolla S
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
That is the switch, I just need to find the plug for it.

I already know the individual bare wires with terminal's part number ($15 EACH :surprise:)... but would prefer the actual plug with wires in it as it's much cheaper.

·
2013 Corolla S
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I think I'm on to something... one version of the switch SU00305478 (backlit version found on some Subaru BRZs) is black and green body but all definitely have Toyota type panel mounts... the plug on the green and black body switch almost matches a 2012+ Impreza fog light switch plug. I will look into getting one of those to modify.

·
2,673 Posts
is it a 5 pin connector?

::::edit::::

Looking at TIS and the connectors, it looks like the Scion used a 4 pin connector, and the 86 uses a 5 pin connector. (backlit vs non-backlit?)

either way, Toyota does not provide me with part numbers for the connectors on the FRS/86 so I wonder if they are proprietary to Subaru?

Headlamp pigtails, washer pumps, etc... All stuff that we get on a regular basis...I can't pull numbers for them.

Just keep in mind, there is a 4 pin connector and a 5 pin connector based on the year of the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts