Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, this is my first time on the forum. I am looking for someone that can rebuild a rear differential for my Tacoma 4x4 w/E-lock. I live in CT. and there does not seem to be many rebuilders of rear ends out here. I just bought the truck a week ago. Has 97k miles on it......NOT even sure how the rear is bad but its making a loud whirling sound when rolling. Toyota dealer wants almost what I paid for it to replace with new differential. Anyone have any rebuilders that are reputable that you could suggest in the New England area? in Connecticut would be even better. Thanks for reading.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
3,106 Posts
Hi, this is my first time on the forum. I am looking for someone that can rebuild a rear differential for my Tacoma 4x4 w/E-lock. I live in CT. and there does not seem to be many rebuilders of rear ends out here. I just bought the truck a week ago. Has 97k miles on it......NOT even sure how the rear is bad but its making a loud whirling sound when rolling. Toyota dealer wants almost what I paid for it to replace with new differential. Anyone have any rebuilders that are reputable that you could suggest in the New England area? in Connecticut would be even better. Thanks for reading.
Have you put it up on a lift and checked the center drive shaft bearing?
Besides the noise any other diagnostics done?
Could be axle bearings. Can't imagine it being the R&P but....
Can you do any of the work yourself. Like pull the third member out.
If so I'd send it to Eriks Diffs in TX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input. I can definitely get it out myself, but one stupid question: what is 'R&P'?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts