Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2009 XRS with 21k miles on it for $14000. So far I love the car and am addicted to adding performance, but I'm new to the car world ( as I've always been into trucks). As of right now all it has is an injen CAI, but I'm looking at getting headers and exhaust for it. I'm looking at the DC headers and either borla or magna flow cat back. Anyone with experience with any of these? Also I regretably I bought the automatic and not the manual but the slap shift makes it a little more fun, but I notice it still hunts for gears a little. I know that in trucks u can buy a power programmer to reprogram the gears. Is there something similar to that with the xrs? Not really lookin to drop $3k
To beef up the gears but I'd just like the tranny to flow a little better. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks!

I will post pics soon!

·
Diehard Rams Fan
22,788 Posts
:welcome: to TN! :thumbsup:

You can use the search function & find the answers to most of your questions. Many of us have installed Borla & Magnaflow systems on our Corollas, both with the 2.4 & 1.8 engines. There are several items that can tweak the engine management too. Most of us have also improved our suspension to allow the Corolla to handle much better. Just spend some time exploring the different threads & most of your questions will be answered, but don't hesitate to ask questions! ;)

·
Ask your Mother
2009 Corolla XRS
2,035 Posts
So far there is nothing made specifically for the XRS, however you can use SCION tC or xB(2008+) engine parts...

Headers, Pulleys, Downpipe etc...

As for the exhaust, you will have to do a custom exhaust if you want a Cat-Back.
All that there is for our car is an Axel Back system from Borla.

I threw a 2.25" custom exhaust in my XRS for about $300.

There is a thread though on the forum that has a parts list for the 2AZ Engine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts