Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
you have no idea!!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any suggestions on what type of radiator i should get?

any suggestions on the installation aspect of it?? anyone done one of these things in the car before???

thanks in advance!! lookin to get the part today and put it in tommorow night :)

·
Registered
983 Posts
cornrolla said:
any suggestions on what type of radiator i should get?

any suggestions on the installation aspect of it?? anyone done one of these things in the car before???

thanks in advance!! lookin to get the part today and put it in tommorow night :)

I would get one that has a good warranty :thumbup: (autozone $127)...I have never done it but it doesn't look that hard, 4 or 6 bolts, the hoses and the tranny lines(if automatic) you might not even have to take the fan off...A few tips because now is the time to do this...Check your hoses to see if they need replacing also if everything is original you might want to replace your thermostat and radiator cap...I like to start with everything new when replacing something like that this way they all grow old together :clap:..Also a must is when filling the system back up make sure you Burp/get rid of all of the air in your system ;) ...good luck...Radd Guy...

·
Vroom?
2003 Audi A4
4,408 Posts
taking a rad out is easy. just make sure you drain it first and that you have a bucket around when you disconnect hoses, just incase! Depending on the car it's just a couple bolts that hold it in

·
you have no idea!!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Raddman said:
I would get one that has a good warranty :thumbup: (autozone $127)...I have never done it but it doesn't look that hard, 4 or 6 bolts, the hoses and the tranny lines(if automatic) you might not even have to take the fan off...A few tips because now is the time to do this...Check your hoses to see if they need replacing also if everything is original you might want to replace your thermostat and radiator cap...I like to start with everything new when replacing something like that this way they all grow old together :clap:..Also a must is when filling the system back up make sure you Burp/get rid of all of the air in your system ;) ...good luck...Radd Guy...
yes...new hoses for sure! radiator cap as well as clamps. I actually called auto zone near me and they quoted me 148 so i went to radiatorbarn.com and got it for 113 with free shipping :) now i wait to days and voiiiiila! :) i'm excited to get my hands dirty :) it has a warrentee as far as i kno as well...lifetime or something i believe. I have a manual tranny so that's a lil less work too. and yes burping it! good call!

thanks radguy ;)

·
Registered
983 Posts
cornrolla said:
yes...new hoses for sure! radiator cap as well as clamps. I actually called auto zone near me and they quoted me 148 so i went to radiatorbarn.com and got it for 113 with free shipping :) now i wait to days and voiiiiila! :) i'm excited to get my hands dirty :) it has a warrentee as far as i kno as well...lifetime or something i believe. I have a manual tranny so that's a lil less work too. and yes burping it! good call!

thanks radguy ;)
Glad to hear that :clap: ...You shouldn't have any problems and just think about all that $$$$$ your going to save doing it yourself :clap: not to say the personal satisfaction :) ...That $127 price I gave you was from Autozone's website...I'm a little leery about buying somethings like a radiator online ..damage in shipping, having to ship it back or the site goes out of business(lifetime warranty?)...I myself would pay the extra $ for the peace of mind of knowing all I have to do is drive a couple blocks and exchange it then waiting for it to get shipped back and forth if something goes wrong fighting over who pays shipping cost...But that's just me you should be fine and have no problems...Good Luck and let us know how it goes...Radd Guy...

·
you have no idea!!
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Raddman said:
Glad to hear that :clap: ...You shouldn't have any problems and just think about all that $$$$$ your going to save doing it yourself :clap: not to say the personal satisfaction :) ...That $127 price I gave you was from Autozone's website...I'm a little leery about buying somethings like a radiator online ..damage in shipping, having to ship it back or the site goes out of business(lifetime warranty?)...I myself would pay the extra $ for the peace of mind of knowing all I have to do is drive a couple blocks and exchange it then waiting for it to get shipped back and forth if something goes wrong fighting over who pays shipping cost...But that's just me you should be fine and have no problems...Good Luck and let us know how it goes...Radd Guy...
yea that was my concerns as well with buying something online. i did some asking around about the site before i actually purchased it and from what i hear that site is actually quite reputable. If i need to return it they'll credit me for the shipping, they have a 1-800 number i can call in case i have any questions or if it gets damaged during shipping. So i figure with the 40 bucks i'll save i can buy hoses and clamps and all that fun stuff...if i didn't live on my own and work in sales (it's january now so i'm broke as hell lol) then i'd spring for it, but 40 bucks is just to much to spring for right now.... :) wish me luck!! i'll keep you guys updated on the progress. i'm sooooooo excited to be working on my car by myself for once. :) yay!!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts