Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car is a 2006 hybrid limited AWD. Driven by a new driver, first winter and want to what I can to keep him safe. I have 2 16 wheels with winter tires on them , then I could just by two more . Tire rack does not list going a size down as an option. Will they not fit over the brakes? Make the car too low? Just wondering. Dumb question. Since the rear wheels are driven by the hybrid system and their is not a diff connecting front to rear , is it as critical if front and rear tires are different brand

·
Registered
327 Posts
I have my Blizzak tires on 16 inch MB “Vector” wheels from Discount Tire on my 2005 Limit AWD gas which came stock with 17’s.
I don’t know if the Hybrids are the same.

·
Registered
327 Posts
There is a separate Gen1 Highlander Hybrid forum. You can find it near the bottom of the forum listings.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found some 17 wheels on Craigslist. They fit so snug at the front breaks, can’t imagine 16” would clear them

·
Registered
2007 Highlander
24 Posts
We have 2006 & 2007 Highlanders with 16" wheels, and are looking at winter tires, some of which come in 235-65-17 size only. Would the 17" rims from the Hybrid model fit? They look better than the 17s from the Limited, and seem to be cheaper on the used market. Anyone done this swap?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts