Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know how to bypass the tpms light i just bought a car without the sensors i did on my 6 gen but no idea how to do it in this model

·
Registered
2012 Camry LE
134 Posts
Take out the bulb? A piece of black tape over the warning light? There's no switch to turn it off, AFAIK.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2001 Corolla
501 Posts
Much easier option is to "clone" a set of sensors to the same IDs as the current ones. For example Autel makes such cloneable sensors (called MX-Sensors) for around $28 to $30 each. All the mx products can be found on ebay; and a tool to program the sensors can be had for as low as $50 (MaxiTPMS PAD). The same tool can also read the IDs of the current sensors while they are still mounted in the tires (so you know which IDs to clone). No need to use TechStream (program that toyota uses). When you switch the tires the car computer does not even notice the difference

·
Registered
2012 Camry LE
134 Posts
Much easier option is to "clone" a set of sensors to the same IDs as the current ones. For example Autel makes such cloneable sensors (called MX-Sensors) for around $28 to $30 each. All the mx products can be found on ebay; and a tool to program the sensors can be had for as low as $50 (MaxiTPMS PAD). The same tool can also read the IDs of the current sensors while they are still mounted in the tires (so you know which IDs to clone). No need to use TechStream (program that toyota uses). When you switch the tires the car computer does not even notice the difference
How my winter tires/wheels are done. Toyota really took the cheap way out with the Camry TPMS. Only stores 4 codes and doesn't auto learn. Royal pain.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: tdi200
1 - 4 of 4 Posts