Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've asked about tires before, and theres a thread on this particular one but not the answer i was lookin for. I wanna know if i can fit 32x11.5x15's on my 04' tacoma extnded cab 4wd without ANY rubbing or probs of any kinda. lookin to use the BFGoodrich Mudd terrains. any help would be appreciated, thnx

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hmmm, 3" of lift even though its really only about an 1.5" taller then my current tire and roughly an inch wider???

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have 32 11.50 x 15 BFG AT on my 2004 reg cab 4WD. It has 2.5 inches of lift. The wheels are 15 x 8 with 3.5 BS. They will rub with no lift.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok u have a very similar Taco to me. . . heres another ?. . . how much of a 'lift do u actually gain form the tires alone? i know the larger tires give more lift, but i'm just curious on them.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
icecold_ii said:
Ok u have a very similar Taco to me. . . heres another ?. . . how much of a 'lift do u actually gain form the tires alone? i know the larger tires give more lift, but i'm just curious on them.
When talking about lifts the amount refers to the gain from suspension, not so much for tires. Tires will increase, or decrease, ground clearance by an amount equal to the diference in the radius of the two tires. A jump from a 31 inch tire to a 33 inch tire (assuming these reflect the actual tire diamater) you will gain 1 inch of ground clearance. A jump from a 31 to a 32 will get you .5 inch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok, so lets say i'm going from the stock 29" i think it is tire to a 32". . . . how much gain will i get there?

Also: Putting a 3" lift in will gain me how much?

·
Registered
1992 xtra cab 4x4
356 Posts
1.5" difference on the tires....
and with the 3" kit, yu will get...... 3" of lift.

total of 4.5, unless i pulled a total bonehead and cant add anymore.

·
Offical TN Hillbilly
2002 Silverado
1,757 Posts
jefronhen said:
1.5" difference on the tires....
and with the 3" kit, yu will get...... 3" of lift.

total of 4.5, unless i pulled a total bonehead and cant add anymore.
Close, you actually gain no ground clearance with a suspension lift. The diffs are still just as far off the ground. The added clearance under the frame and body varies with the kit used. Tires will give more diff clearance, suspension mods should be done to boost travel, and help clear tires. It should be noted that you can also carve away the body to help clear tires.

·
Registered
148 Posts
icecold_ii said:
I've asked about tires before, and theres a thread on this particular one but not the answer i was lookin for. I wanna know if i can fit 32x11.5x15's on my 04' tacoma extnded cab 4wd without ANY rubbing or probs of any kinda. lookin to use the BFGoodrich Mudd terrains. any help would be appreciated, thnx
I run 32x11.50 maxis mudders on my 96' tacoma w/ no problems., I have used BF A/T that did rub b/c of their "square" shape. Don't know about the mud terrain. The maxis mudders have been great for an inexpensive tire. They don't rub w/ normal driving and sharp turns. If you are working the suspension, they may hit the outside of the frame rail, but won't hurt anything. Hope this helps.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts