Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need a complete list of what i would have to do to swap the 22re engine out and put a 305 small block chevy and also what would have to be done to the drive line
if anyone has any info it would br greatly appriciated you can relpy to this post or email me at [email protected] THANKS DREW

·
mr corollla
1989 4DOOR COROLLA
259 Posts
dont do it lol dont destroy a yota

·
Soylent Green sales
rock crawler
12,801 Posts
Pull out your engine and transmission, radiator, driveshaft, and exhaust system.
Install motor and tranmission mounts for the new engine and transmission, then install the engine and trans. Install new radiator to new mounts you made for it, and then a new exhaust system and your ew or modified driveshsaft. Don't forget to modify the front suspension to handle the additional weight and for oil pan clearance. Installing a 2-3" body lift will help make more room for it all too.

·
Registered
corolly
324 Posts
all the said above and you'll need to modify fuel lines. is it the 305 out of a camaro? you might need to check fuel pressure requirements since the the stock toy fuel pump is putting out around low 30s if i remember right. then wiring will be fun. and you will definitely notice the weight difference. i went from the 22re to and inline six cylinder and can considerably notice it going over bumps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts