Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have located front right fender and front right door at do it yourself salvage yard for my 2003 Avalon XLS. Both parts in good condition. Looking for diagrams/manual on how to remove these parts. Thanks.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
136 Posts
My haynes manual has a brief description of this process. It is pretty straight forward. For the fender, take out the headlight assembly, and the fender well covers. You will need two people to get the door off. Do one at a time, and have blankets or moving pads to protect the parts. Disconnecting the wiring harness from the door might require removal of the inner door panel. Disconnect the harness first.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
164 Posts
The fender is relatively easy, I’d remove that 1st, I did my left front in my garage with no air tools. With the fender off you’ll have more access to the bolts for the door hinges. That’s where you’ll need a helper or a jack to hold up the door. Jack and block of wood works well for the install.

·
Registered
2000 Avalon
136 Posts
When I did a door install I used a small 2-ton trolley jack to support the door. Worked perfect. Just the right size and lift range and it allowed tiny little adjustments. Mark you old door's hinge locations with a permanent marker.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So went out to local pull a part salvage yard who had 3 avalons 2000-2004. The 2004 black XL model had pristine right front door and right fender with small fixable dent. Son and I removed the parts and out the door for 109.00 for both. Parts are black but plan to have entire car painted as faded on trunk and top so not a problem. Thanks for all the advice and help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts