Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
nukka
95 Camry LE
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there "good" brands and "bad" brands? I need to buy the passenger side and I'm thinkin of going amazon.

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
Rockauto has some Cardone Select brand new halfshafts (NOT to be confused with A1 Cardone, which is rebuilt). I've had those on my car for some time and so does ASG14. I don't have any complaints, and last I talked to ASG14, he liked them as well:) They are 50$ as opposed to 42$ I think?

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,575 Posts
Keep in mind core return requirements (if any) and two way shipping costs and inconvenience when making the local vs. internet decision.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Keep in mind core return requirements (if any) and two way shipping costs and inconvenience when making the local vs. internet decision.
That's an extra reason to buy the new ones, which rarely have a core deposit, instead of rebuilt.

I have a new pair on the Camry, bought from Kragen/Oreally. They are reportedly the same ones that Cardone sells, in a different box. They fit well and seem good, but we won't know if they are actually good for at least a decade.

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
That's an extra reason to buy the new ones, which rarely have a core deposit, instead of rebuilt.

I have a new pair on the Camry, bought from Kragen/Oreally. They are reportedly the same ones that Cardone sells, in a different box. They fit well and seem good, but we won't know if they are actually good for at least a decade.
That's what's nice about the Cardone Select ones, brand new, no core charges or shipping charges:thumbsup: And for my car, you're paying 69.99$ for a new one from Oreilly as opposed to 50 + shipping from Rockauto... Autozone only sells remaned ones for 60$ IIRC (I'm cheap, trust me, I looked:lol:)

And then again, we've reached a point with our cars where we have to ask ourselves, will we still have these cars in a decade? I guess the answer is no...

·
I wrench, therefore I am!
1,575 Posts
After remans from Advance didn't solve a vibration problem, I wound up returning them and bought new GSP from them.

Advance has a coupon code LC123 that will bring 'em down from 70 to 46 apiece. No core return. If no Advance near you, add $5.01 of other stuff you can use and get free shipping. Add $10.01 and the discount will jump to $32.

Reactions: projektvertx
1 - 6 of 6 Posts