Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok hey everyone, im not actually a toyota owner, but always wanted a 4runner or tacoma, right now i have a jeep XJ on 33s, but back to the point, my good friend is in iraq right now and he plans on lifting his truck when he gets back. Im doing all of his research and ordering his stuff for him so he will have everything once he gets here, well i know nothing about his truck cause im a jeep guy, so my questions are what are some good lifts for fitting 33s on a tundra and is there anything else other than the lift i need to get, like with jeeps a sye kit and new driveshaft is needed. Also i think from lookin around his rear axle is a toyota 8" ? if not then correct me. thats about it, if yall have any other helpful tips please let me know, and his truck is a 05 tundra 4x2, thanks

·
The 2nd = Freedom
87 Toyota 4x4
154 Posts
You have come to the right place. Ok, if you want some really good deals on drivetrain stuff, tires, wheels, lights, bars, everything.. go to www.4wheelparts.com. They have everything catagorized by what vehicle it will fit on. Good luck, support the troops in Iraq and Afhganistan.

·
This Space For Rent
14,153 Posts
DO NOT go to 2 4wheelparts.com, they don't know they're @$$hole from a hole in the ground. Search any message board and you will hear endless horror stories. Anyhoo, for typical Taco lifts go to http://www.customtacos.com/tech/index.php?page=index_v2&id=137&c=10 and study up. After that, you can go to various sites like Camburg etc. and get the needed parts from people who know what they're talking about. I personally recommend http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/toyota.htm.

For more insight on Tacos and 4Runners you can go to ttora.com, yotatech.com, customtacos.com and 4x4wire.com. Lots of info out there so you'll need to sift through it. What does your friend intend to do with his truck? Mudding? Rock climbing? Trails? Street queen? How much is he intending to spend? Intent and $$$ are the 2 major factors in buying parts for a lift. Once you figure that out the rest will be downhill.

·
The 2nd = Freedom
87 Toyota 4x4
154 Posts
So I guess them giving me a great deal on my wheels and shipping on time is horrible. Just do whatever man.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts