Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
toyota corolla
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help me out on a tranny swap with some info?
im tryib to put a 5 speed C50 tranny in my car ,i know how to change a tranny but what parts am i going to need from the other car to put in my car?(clutch,axle,ecu,ect?)
info need asap
THANX A BUNCH :D

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I'm assuming you are putting it onto a 4A or 7A series motor. If that is the case, all you will really need is the Tranny, Clutch (if any good), Thrust Bearing and axles. The good thing about Auto ECU's is they will run a manual, but not the other way around.

·
Immortal
332 Posts
thespud said:
I'm assuming you are putting it onto a 4A or 7A series motor. If that is the case, all you will really need is the Tranny, Clutch (if any good), Thrust Bearing and axles. The good thing about Auto ECU's is they will run a manual, but not the other way around.
You'll need more than that...

Aside from the tranny, clutch kit, etc... you'll need: Flywheel (6 bolts if to a 7AFE or 4AFE, 8 bolts if to a 4AGE), clutch pedal, clutch master cylinder, clutch slave cylinder, all lines associated with clutch master/slave cylinders, a manual ECU (an auto will work, but you'll probably have a CEL), shift linkages, actual shifter, and possibly the bushings around the shifter. I believe you can use the original axles and speedo sensor. I don't think they're any different. That's about it though... I highly reccomend you get a new clutch kit too...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts