Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know for sure if it is against the law in Ontario to have neon lights under the car turned on while driving on the street?

·
Registered
188 Posts
you should check the sticky under the Highway Traffic Act...last time i checked i tink it's illegal to have them on while driving.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Any lights are supposed to be for show only.. you will get a ticket if you drive with them ON.

·
Premium Member
5,005 Posts
i think its more the cops discretion...if they want to nit pick...they will give you a ticket instead of a warning...i had neons on my 88 colt turbo about ten years ago...never had any problems...no tickets ever.....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have seen a couple of cars with their lights on while driving and I just think they look cool. It gives them a floating look. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Danno
1989 corolla GT-S
1,502 Posts
i think their illegal because they are a distraction to other drivers :mad: i put up a fight just chillin in a dam parking lot with them on (cops are dicks around here) i had to repeat many times that they are for off road use only but thats my state not sure bout yours

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your probably right but I still think it's BS that they won't let you have them. Makes me want to run for office just to change the law...:lol:

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Oh they will let you have them on your car.. just not ON while you drive as far as I know. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts