Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently just bought 2 10" streetglow neon tubes that i wanna put into the front passenger seat and the drivers seat of my '03 camry (not into the seat but mount them underneath the front so the light shines down on the feet area).

the actual wiring stuff it came with is plugging it into a 12v cigarette lighter, but i want to get it so when i turn on my headlights the tubes light up. it says its safe enough to wire directly into a 12v fused source but im not exactly sure where to wire it into. i attempted to do a search but only found something for a cold cathode trunk lighting (http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177494&highlight=neon+tubes) should i follow his set up? or is there another easier way to do it?

thanks
-----------------------
btw after a few years off of cars im coming back to modding haha woohoo

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
don't it have a switch?? why dun you turn the switch on when you want to use it, insead of having it turn on when the headlight turn on.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I wired it to my headlights. I was using cold cathodes though. Just use a piggyback off of your tail light fuse. Check the amp on your kit to see how much you need. Only problem is getting the dark things to stick!

EDIT: Read this thread

http://www.oznium.com/forum/topic20829

I made it because I needed help but later found out that my installation was accurate, I just had a bad unit that they had sent me. Replaced the unit and bam it works. Updated pics on the bottom of that thread.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't it have a switch?? why dun you turn the switch on when you want to use it, insead of having it turn on when the headlight turn on.
cuz the switch is physically on the cigarrette lighter plug in and i need to cut it off

awesome thx sean i'll try it out tomorrow and see how it goes

·
Registered
2008 Camry SE
119 Posts
This brings back memories of my first car with streetglow lights. Nothing got me pulled over more in my life.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts