Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way to pick up my mom a few hours ago from work. This 2000ish Eclipse and older model Neon(like the crappy ones in Need For Speed Underground) were racing... I "sped" past them the Neon decided to try and take me on.
He lost control in the middle of a intersection, spun out and looked like he hit a pole. Luckily We were far ahead of the busy traffic. I kept going but my conscience told me to go check if he actually did hit it, thank God he did'nt because when I did a U-turn to check he was'nt there.

That could've been me losing control...so never again. That scared the shit out of me....I think a few people wrote down my tags and called me in... Would cops show up at my door later or would i get a court summons in the mail or something like that?:disappoin :hammer:

Edit: I was driving my Moms car BTW..the benz :eek::

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
Be careful man...the streets not a good place for that. Car almost wrecked challenging my dad's ride. We were lucky he didnt, because when my dad accelerated he blocked the lane the other guy wanted to fly past him to get into. Never doing that again:disappoin

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea, it's always one big close call that makes ya think twice about doing crazy shiz...:eek: :disappoin

·
n3rd
92 Posts
Yeah, they'd only bother you for a hit and run....

a week or so ago, I'm racing a riced out Civic (and winning thank god) after 2 or three runs, I miss my right turn, and make a u turn at one of those left turn areas without a light. I make my u turn and then BAM; a cop whizzes by the direction we were going, going at least 90 with his lights on and siren blaring.

I live in a pretty sleepy town- when someone is breaking into your house the cops dont even turn their sirens on; but old ladies call everything in from load music to suspicious teenagers, so I'm pretty sure the civic and I got called in...

took it slow on the way home, parked it in the garage, didn't take her out for a couple days

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Lol...He actually started losing control as we were coming upon the intersection, He was tryin to pass me and switch lanes but i guess something got in his way...not quite sure because I started having a heart attack or something as soon as I saw he started to swerve. But nothing was hit or damage in anyway except for maybe some burnt rubber on the asphalt.

I guess you could say I won my last "street race". From now on.. it's the tracks for me.

My mind is somewhat at ease now that ya say they might not bother me...since it was'nt a hit & run. But still a slight tad nervous, since that's my Mom's daily driver and goes through that area daily..

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,456 Posts
I'm sure we've all made the mistake of street racing. I'm just happy to hear that you have come to realize how stupid and dangerous it is:)

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
grapefury said:
we on TN don't like street racing. altho ill bet everyone has touched upon it sometime before

come on. admit it :)
Well I don't know about people on TN "not liking it". "not promoting it" is more accurate. :p:

I engage in shenanigans on the street from time to time(not very often at all) if it is clear. Usually on the freeway and always improptu. I am not a fan of actually going to the street races.

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
The closest I came to that was I was on the grand Central Parkway and there was a lady in some 89-93 Nissand or something. And she was doing about 35 in a 50. And people usually do at least 60 there. There are only two lanes and she is directly in the middle in a way where no one can pass her. So Im behind her and flashed her twice. Nothing too agressive; just trying to hint to her that she needed to either move into 1 lane or speed up.

I guess she panicked or something because she just snapped her car to the right and went over the little median where the third lane starts to merge into our 2 lanes. Her car hopped up and I saw all these sparks in my rear view mirror after I passed her. There was no way I could stop to make sure she was alright. It was in a difficult area.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
we all engage in schenanigans from time to time...

it happens...

but i'ts when you do it all the time, that the stakes are raised...

we all speed, dont deny it...

just, sometimes you have to speed more than the other car..

this page = :eek:wned:

·
nub
313 Posts
thats why street racing is illegal :)
i highly doubt anything will happen unless the cops saw you, then you're in trouble, but i'm sure you would've found out by now.

to tell you the truth, if something like that happened to me, i'd turn at the first road and never look back if it wasn't a friend of mine. :hammer:

·
Formula One Fanatic
299 Posts
see, that's why sometimes it's good to have a slow ass camry. can't get into THAT much trouble. :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts