Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got my new '06 scion xb (loving it BTW). I'm reading the manual and noticed the "AUX" jack by my parking brake. Manual says it's for hooking up an external audio device such as a cd player or MP3 player. Plug in a mini jack and you can use your mp3 player to play the sound via the xb's speakers. So I busted out the ipod and started it up but got nothing when I pluged it in. Anyone know how to work this "feature"? The manual has like 2 lines just saying to plug it in with a mini jack to the headphone out on the device but that's not working out for me.

·
Registered
Scion xB
7 Posts
Once your device is plugged in to the Aux port you should select "Aux" on your head unit.

Make sure your source is playing then, slowly, turn-up the volume until you hear it. The gain on many headphone jacks is not going to give you line-out quality sound so some external devices will work better than others.

Hope this helps.

Mark

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have the 06 stereo upgrade, it should have come with a cable and plug specifically for the iPod Nano or iPod Video. Otherwise, turn on the mp3 player, plug it in, then hit AUX. Any custom equalizer and volume settings on the mp3 player will transfer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.