Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
05 Tacoma Sport 4x4
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
5.7 L, 381 hp, 401 ft lbs. 6.5 sec 0-60. 6 spd auto. Same mileage as before. Not bad for a full size truck.

Electronic based safety + traction features (VSC, TRAC, AUTO-LSD, etc) standard across the board.

18" is standard wheel.

Will it take over the full size market?

·
Tragically Hip
342 Posts
I wonder if the bed rails are stronger?? & if the accessories will work in our bed rail systems?

·
Registered
'06 Prerunner TRD
1,093 Posts
I would love to own one and that specs are great...

having said that- it is pretty danged Ugly.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
kooltaco said:
I wonder if the bed rails are stronger?? & if the accessories will work in our bed rail systems?

Those look like the same knobs and rails that our Tacomas have. Cool.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
That Access Cab long bed is a loooooong truck. Looks kind of awkward. I think I would have to get the Double Cab regular bed.

·
My Other Truck
4,265 Posts
stuckTaco, thanks for the pics.

Gonna have to see those on the road for awhile before I firm up my opinions. Initially, it doesn't strike me as either beautiful or ugly -- but it's gonna take some getting used to.

·
Registered
839 Posts
if they offer a diesel within the next couple of years I will be trading my taco in for the Crew Max.

·
Engine 80 is in service
'10 FJ Cruiser 4x4
1,040 Posts
The site is really well done. I just spent a good 20 minutes looking around. I've gotta say... the looks are growing on me.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
It looks interesting but weird at the same time? The access cab looks like a T100 on steriods?
Maybe if we could see better pic of the DBL. cab.?
I have already seen these pics. on the toyota website. Do you have any others?
Any ways? For my needs? I had a 2001 Silverado and that truck was just a bit too big for my needs. Although I do miss the interior room. And the comfy ride!:D
But I love the responsiveness of my Taco! Doesn't feel like a boat going down the road.
I know 1 thing I'm a Taco guy for the next 10 yrs. Until my son can drive!
This will be his first car when he gets his lic.
These trucks will do 10 yrs. without even breathing hard!!
Then maybe I get one of those new 2017 hover trucks, with the upgrade light speed:D !!LOL!!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
it does, and taht's my first reaction but as the video demo pointed out there are people out there i guess that would need something like that.

Cant wait for the "build your tundra" link goes live, i want to see how much it will run.

now i wonder how the Navi and BT would retrofit on our tacomas :)

·
Registered
2006 Tacoma Sport 4x
477 Posts
The new Tundra is a "Beast"...Edmunds Dynoed 321HP at the rear wheels and ran 0-60 in 6.3 Secs. 1/4 Mile in 14.8.

Heres a link:http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Drives/FullTests/articleId=119089

I just wonder why they made it so....Fug-Lee. I swear if the damned thing had the good looks of our Tacomas I could see making the move. Damned thing is fast as hell and will certainly pull the hell-outta a trailer. But the 4x4 TRD off road version looks like a 2 wheel drive grocery getter.

Hope it sells well as it is up against some tough competition with that new Chevy. 380HP and Toyota reliabilty is sure to sway even some diehard domestic buyers though.

·
Runnin' With the Pack
2015 Tacoma
165 Posts
The new Tundra is supposed to be featured on Motorweek this coming Saturday. Might be interesting to watch.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
It would look better with a taller suspension, and bigger tires. I bet there will be an aftermarket suspension lift for it pretty soon.

·
Registered
05 TRD Tacoma
85 Posts
I WANT. I WANT IT. I WANT IT.

maybe i can talk my mom into selling the 04 F-150...sorry ford.:ugh3:

2007 vs 2006: Bigger in Every Way
AT A GLANCE

2007 CrewMax 4x4 2006 Double Cab 4x4
5.7-liter V8; 381 hp, 401 lb-ft ENGINE 4.7-liter V8; 271 hp, 313 lb-ft
six-speed automatic TRANSMISSION five-speed automatic
10,100/1,585 MAX TOWING/PAYLOAD (LBS) 6,500/1,580
76.2/79.9/228.7* HEIGHT/WIDTH/LENGTH (IN) 75/79.7/230.1
5630 CURB WEIGHT (LBS) 5020
145.7 WHEELBASE (IN) 140.5
14 city/18 highway MPG (EPA EST.) 14 city/17 highway
6.5 seconds 0 TO 60 MPH (EST) 7.5 seconds
$36,000** PRICING $34,220***​

*Short Bed **Limted Model, estimated price ***Limited Model, including $645 destination

·
07 Tacoma 4x4 Off Road
280 Posts
If i wanted or needed a full size, i would look no further. For now, my Taco is exactly what i want.

·
Registered
780 Posts
to me it looks too close to the ground for some reason.

the specs seem nice though. i still wouldn't buy it though, too big for me

1 - 20 of 54 Posts