Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
superbad
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up. I just picked up an 07 Tacoma access cab, TRD Off Road package, loaded up. 4x4. 5spd Automatic.

Now I am going to lift it, but i am financing so I want to know about warranty voids etc.

I really want to do the fabtech 6" with 35s. I work at a ford dealership so i have acess to employee price through 4wheel parts, so ive been quoted a price on their 6" lift with 35s installed. Keep in mind all our F-150s are lifted no less than 6". F-150s are burly as hell so i can understand they may be more suited for that size of a lift. But if the Tacoma can take it without shitting itself then that would be good to know. I understand you have to cut a crossmember of the frame to install this lift. What exactly does this mean as far as structural integrity and life of the vehicle? What else do i NEED to change if i go with this option? brakes? i heard something about new gears?

I have been looking at some 3" alternatives, and there are so many options that i dont know which would be best. Basically I wont be doing any serious offroading, just to the mountains and what not, Im lifting for bad ass looks as opposed to super flex. That being said i dont really want to get spacers as i hear they are garbage. I dont want my back end to sag, I'd Idealy like to keep the same f/r height ratio as stock. If i went 3" id have to fit 33s.

So basically if the Fabtech is a terrible idea, I will go with a 3" alternative, and in that case i am looking for a super agressive stance with minimal sag and will fit 33" tires.

Thank you in advance for any advice/information you can provide.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Like you said, you'll have to cut the cross member. Replacement part should make up for the lost frame strength.

The gears part means you'll need to change the gears in the front and rear diffs to make up for the torque and horsepower lost running 35's. You could probably get by without those, but it'll be sluggish when accelerating. Last I heard gears weren't available yet, but I don't remember if it was the front or rear. Seems like I hear there was a replacement set for one of the diff's.

Like mentioned above, toyteclifts.com has 3" lifts. Checkout OME coils instead of spacers or Light Racing coilovers. LR's are Donahoe Racing (baja racing quality) CO's rebadged.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts

·
Registered
'07 DoubleCab 4x4
726 Posts
I am having trouble getting a straight answer form these guys, but they seem to rockin 35s on a 1.5" lift just by having really wide fender flares. Unfortunately, I can't find the fender flares in america and these guys don't sell parts: http://www.arctictrucks.com/?PageID=1055

Maybe we should all just start e-mailing them until they agree to sell us this stuff :D

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
digijohnson said:
I am having trouble getting a straight answer form these guys, but they seem to rockin 35s on a 1.5" lift just by having really wide fender flares. Unfortunately, I can't find the fender flares in america and these guys don't sell parts: http://www.arctictrucks.com/?PageID=1055

Maybe we should all just start e-mailing them until they agree to sell us this stuff :D
Yea, I emailed them a couple times a while back, and never heard anything back. You could try calling Iceland - also there was a guy from Iceland who posted to the "Pictures of your Trucks" thread who posted a week or two ago - kinda looked like he had modified fenders. You could try to PM him and see what's up.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
They don't sell parts as they fabricate them on the truck themselves if I understand their site properly. From the info on their website it SOUNDS like they only install/fab the fenders and lifts themselves with the truck onsite. No "universal" or product specific kits sold to people to do it themselves. I'm assuming because it requires a lot of modification to get their fender flares on.

·
Official Newb
2006 4x4 Tacoma TRD
1,210 Posts
33's on a 3" lift is going to require a lot of trimming. but that will also depend on wheel backspacing and tire width.

i don't know much about the fabtech 6" lift, but i would imagine the quality is fine and your truck would still be sturcturally sound. with that being said, i wouldn't be surprised if the service department laughed in your face if you went in for major warranty work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts