Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How difficult is it to get a Camry 4 cylinder XLE (without nav) with stability control?
Is it impossible?

I looked on the "Build Your Own" Toyota site and, when you enter California zip codes, stability control seems to be only available in option packages on the XLE V6 with nav and no 4 cylinder Camrys.

This is sad considering the same site shows availability of stability control for the new Corolla LE an XLE in the same zip codes and it's now standard on the 2008 Accord and Corolla XRS.

Does the Build Your Own Toyota site show you all the options available in your region?

Maybe Toyota will make it standard for next year's 2010 model Camry update.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Go to the dealer and see if they will special order what you want.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Go to the dealer and see if they will special order what you want.
Special ordering doesn't work well with Toyota's since they get what they get.
Special ordering is more like just getting on a waiting list to be notified if Toyota so happens to later change the options groups for your region to match what you wanted all along.

Sometimes they do make changes to what's included in each option package a few times a year, but you have to have a lot of time on your hands to wait around for that.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
Special ordering doesn't work well with Toyota's since they get what they get.
Special ordering is more like just getting on a waiting list to be notified if Toyota so happens to later change the options groups for your region to match what you wanted all along.

Sometimes they do make changes to what's included in each option package a few times a year, but you have to have a lot of time on your hands to wait around for that.
Not true I have order many special orders and 6 to 8 weeks is normal time. And this car is a normal for the east coast.:)

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Not true I have order many special orders and 6 to 8 weeks is normal time. And this car is a normal for the east coast.:)
Have you been able to order option combos that are different than the choices already set for you region and are you ordering from a dealership in California?

I'm not sure they can move a car allocated for the east coast to California even if they're able to shuffle them around other parts of the country. Emissions, regional logistics, company policies, distributor politics, bureaucracy and whatnot.
I'd want a PZEV too so I can get additional CA state mandated emissions warranty coverage.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
Have you been able to order option combos that are different than the choices already set for you region and are you ordering from a dealership in California?

I'm not sure they can move a car allocated for the east coast to California even if they're able to shuffle them around other parts of the country. Emissions, regional logistics and whatnot.
Yes we have. We do it all the time. Its very easy with Camrys:) And a 4 cyl XLE with no nav is very easy nation wide its really up to the dealership if they want. Remember we want to sell whats in stock but we can't have everything in stock for everybody.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Yes we have. We do it all the time. Its very easy with Camrys:) And a 4 cyl XLE with no nav is very easy nation wide its really up to the dealership if they want. Remember we want to sell whats in stock but we can't have everything in stock for everybody.

Not just no nav (that's already a choice on the Build Your Toyota site, but no nav, plus Vehicle Stability Control and with the four cylinder.

Actually, the ideal car would be an LE four cylinder with stability control and JBL. I only wanted the XLE because LE with JBL is never an option in California.
(I'd rather replace the XLE's reclining back seat with the LE's fold down rear seat and save money at the same time.)
I don't care about the automatic climate control and the sliding armrest from the XLE can be ordered as a part and installed later. I can take or leave alloy rims and I don't even like the XLE plastic wood trim.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
A number of members have special ordered Camrys with options that were not in their sales areas "Standard" offerings.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
Not just no nav (that's already a choice on the Build Your Toyota site, but no nav, plus Vehicle Stability Control and with the four cylinder.

Actually, the ideal car would be an LE four cylinder with stability control and JBL. I only wanted the XLE because LE with JBL is never an option in California.
(I'd rather replace the XLE's reclining back seat with the LE's fold down rear seat and save money at the same time.)
I don't care about the automatic climate control and the sliding armrest from the XLE can be ordered as a part and installed later. I can take or leave alloy rims.
The LE with JBL with VSC is still easy very easy.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A number of members have special ordered Camrys with options that were not in their sales areas "Standard" offerings.
So, I can go to a California dealer and say I want 2009 LE 4 cylinder PZEV automatic with:

Must have:

EJ, VS

Don't care if it has or doesn't have:

SR, AW

and be able to get it within 8 weeks even if no dealer in the state has one?
Is there any reason to not get the same discount from MSRP I would get taking something from existing stock or dealer swapped?
I can go buy an Accord LX-P with standard VSC if I would lose the typical discounting on the Camry.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts
So, I can go to a California dealer and say I want 2009 LE 4 cylinder PZEV automatic with:

Must have:

EJ, VS

Don't care if it has or doesn't have:

SR, AW

and be able to get it within 8 weeks even if no dealer in the state has one?
Is there any reason to not get the same discount from MSRP I would get taking something from existing stock or dealer swapped?
I can go buy an Accord LX-P with standard VSC if I would lose the typical discounting on the Camry.
Yep thats what you do and also tell them you already have a price quote and want to compare before you order and you know it might take 6 to 8 weeks. And the price would be same if the car came off the truck that day. Also always work off invoice not MSRP. Also you never know the car with the same options might be on the ground not too far away. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
OK thanks, at least that gives me an idea of what the local dealer should be able to sell for.
They may not take a quote from Fitzmall seriously though since they know I cannot buy from them without paying for a flight over there and shipping the car back to CA.

So, I just don't say what dealer made the quote then.

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
OK thanks, at least that gives me an idea of what the local dealer should be able to sell for.
They may not take a quote from Fitzmall seriously though since they know I cannot buy from them without paying for a flight over there and shipping the car back to CA.

If it ever came up, you could say you were going on vacation, would fly 1 way, buy and drive home. That's what I threatened the first week the Gen6 Camrys came out, 23 months ago.

·
it is what it is
07 Camry SE
2,294 Posts

We have sold many cars to CA.:D

·
Registered
584 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
If it ever came up, you could say you were going on vacation, would fly 1 way, buy and drive home. That's what I threatened the first week the Gen6 Camrys came out, 23 months ago.
I guess it shouldn't require justification on my part. If they all pay similar invoice costs, there shouldn't really have any reason that makes sense to not match the price unless Camry LEs were in short supply in my area (and they are not) and they felt they could sell the same car for more money to someone else.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts