Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a new 2019 last week. One thing I have noticed sometimes when I am pulling out of a spot (my wheels are turning), that I hear a single knock sound coming from the front left corner of the car. Has anyone else had this experience? Any idea what it is?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Suspension component unloading? Is it more of a sharp creaking sound? Try jouncing that corner of the car up with just hand pressure while having someone slowly turn the steering wheel from one extreme to the other. You could have a bad CV joint, strut attachment point, loose bolts, even something inside the strut deflecting, clunking.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Suspension component unloading? Is it more of a sharp creaking sound? Try jouncing that corner of the car up with just hand pressure while having someone slowly turn the steering wheel from one extreme to the other. You could have a bad CV joint, strut attachment point, loose bolts, even something inside the strut deflecting, clunking.
It doesn't sound like a creak, it sounds more like a clunk.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm Jack. I just joined this sight today. I have been combing this sight for hours looking for a Duplication of my Problem. I think we have the same complaint. I wish I could talk to you. I own a 2018 Highlander Limited Platnum, I bought new 2 years ago. It's got 11K miles on it. I have a Severe Cracking Noise (it's unmistakable, when it cracks, everybody says, WTF was that)! It seems to happen when torque is exerted on the car, as when driving down a parking garage ramp or turning on an incline when the vehicle is contorted. (Turning sharply while pitched and accelerating, sometimes just a harder acceleration). I don't run my vehicles hard. It sounds like heavy metal being Cracked. You really can't tell where the cracking sound is coming from. One time it feels like it's under the driver seat and then the Passenger seat. I took the car into the dealer, they put it up on the rack and of course it looked like brand new and they could not duplicate (CND) the problem. After reading 34 different pages of complaints on this site, I find it hard to believe no one has had the particular problem. This is my 1st Toyota. I've had 2 RX350 Lexus and 10 Cadillacs. Lexus, mind you is a beautiful car, never had a problem. If anyone knows anything about this please contact me. Forever grateful, Jack

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does the sound occur as you apply the brakes? Mine does this when I change direction (backing out of garage after pulling in, etc.). On mine it's the brake pads moving as they change from stopping it in forward motion to stopping in a backward motion. I thought they had springs and shims that stopped this, but dealer said it was normal. Not sure if this is your issue, but thought I would say something.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got a new 2019 last week. One thing I have noticed sometimes when I am pulling out of a spot (my wheels are turning), that I hear a single knock sound coming from the front left corner of the car. Has anyone else had this experience? Any idea what it is?
Did you see this video. That's maybe it:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts