Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
I don't buy a car for tech, newness, or gadgets.

I drive it for a purpose... the commute... for the Camry, the tow capability of the Powerstroke F250, and the people moving capability of the Sequoia/Highlander. I don't even consider newness, tech, or gadgets. I enjoy my commute. And, my favorite two cars have manual transmissions, one without a roof, and the other with a turbo.

Camry MPG is pretty good. Reliability is excellent. Function is excellent. Form not even considered. Resale not even considered.

If the Sonata is anything like my past Sonatas, or Hyundais/Kias, then I would never even consider it. I describe my koreancars with one acronym... POS!

2GR has been swapped into MR2's. So, are you that skilled? Do you have a donor car? is your budget unlimited? If not, don't bother.

Try a turbo!

·
Registered
509 Posts
If you have strong engineering skills (degree or not), can weld, can understand a wiring diagram, and stay motivated you can pull off a swap. It's not that hard, just a time consuming, expensive undertaking. Don't plan to do it on your daily since you probably don't want to be without your car for the time it will take to figure it all out. Come up with a budget before you start and double it for planning purposes.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts