1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all!

Name's Rob or trebor_9513,

My steed is a 1991 GTS Celica. I just recently bought it about a month ago and haven't been able to touch it really until now. I'll be sure to post some pics. It was sat for two years and the jerk I bought it from left the battery connected. Needless to day just about everything on it has oxidize. But, she's still breathing and needs a good buff.

My plans are simple yet complex. Try to squeeze a little more umph out of her and not spend too much money. lol because, if i do I just should have held out longer to buy a faster car!

Right now I am changing the rotors ( way too rusted to even try to drive on!), wires (I touched them while the motor was on and I got bit really hard. The exhaust has got to go, right now all stock, I just received a Hi-flow cat from FAT-CATZ. Still looking for a worthy muffler. ( I can't drive around silent or sounding like a bee on roids!)

Oh yeah she's Bright red, and (said quietly) an automatic.

I bought her for $1400. Always wanted a 5th gen Celica couldn't pass her by.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
welcome to TN:D

congrats on your new celi:thumbup: have fun with it and keep us updated on your progress:cool:

·
Owner of Prius V & others
00 Solara - 07 Vitz
2,054 Posts
I always like those 5th gen celi's.... ( so it is auto huh? ) shhhh....

Thats alright noody said you have to keep it auto!;)

BTW .... Welcome to TN and be sure to have fun while on the boards!

-Rick

·
Registered
1991 Celica GTS
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ric N Sov's Solara said:
I always like those 5th gen celi's.... ( so it is auto huh? ) shhhh....

Thats alright noody said you have to keep it auto!;)

BTW .... Welcome to TN and be sure to have fun while on the boards!

-Rick
Yeah thinking about a 5 speed convesion. Also planning to evolve my 5sfe to the 5sfte. constantly searching the site for more info.

Anyone done the auto - to - manual conversion?

·
Registered
0 Posts
hey welcome to TN hope you enjoy the stay here had to check out ur me and mine post since ur just down the street from me pretty much! and what do you mean u need a muffler look where we live lol, im the person that drives that loud ass teal 1st gen laser with the flame job on it. got straight pipes on it since the muffler kept falling off!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts