Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Canada!

I recently bought myself an 86 Corolla SR5 w/Auto. Actually I bought the car tonight!
I must say I love the car so far. Its got 274XXX kms and runs pretty darn good.
It apparently has a GT-S interior thats in decent condition with a few missing bits.

Although a few things concern me. The front seems to sit a bit low, the top of the tires are about half an .5"-1.0" between the top of the tread and the lower part of the fender when look straight on. Also I'm getting a good amount of rust on the outer fenders and spots around the car.

Now keep in mind I did pay only $600 as is for the car and its mainly a winter beater while I work on my mk3 Golf (long story short is a Turbo'd 2.Slow running 15-20 psi once im done).
BUT if the car make's it the winter mechanically fine I might consider making it a budget drifter. XD

Anyways any input is welcome and Ill re post my issues in the Corolla forum.

Lets hope for a long and happy relationship with my Toyota!

Kyle.

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Hi Kyle, welcome to Toyota Nation!

Congrats on the purchase of the 86' SR5. They've always been a favourite of mine. I'm sure you'll be able to sort out the problems in no time with the help of the members here at TN :). If the car has factory springs in the front, the height problem could be due to sagging springs. At 274,000km I'd say they've had their fair share of action, lol. Your Golf sounds nice, feel free to post pics of both rides sometime :thumbsup:

Enjoy the forums! :chug:

·
Premium Member
2008 Highlander Base
35,703 Posts
Welcome to the nation, Kyle! $600 is a good deal, and I think the Corolla is tough enough to see you through the winter. The folks in the Corolla forum will be able to help you achieve that too. Enjoy the forums! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I'd post the few pics that the owner took of the car but he closed his for sale forum already! Ill have to wash and clean everything and take a few of the Toyota.

As for the Golf here she is in all of her glory. Note: I'm 19 and swapped the motor myself. Wiring is a utter mess and I hope with having the Toyota this winter I can rewire it all.

Specs on my 94 Golf.
2.0 8v ABA swapped with TDI turbo bolted to the back. Currently at 15 psi.
Running Megasquirt 2.2 for fuel and MSD 6AL-2 Programmable for spark. w/ Blaster 2 Coil.
Double stacked head gasket for lower C/R and a 260 Cam.
Lowered on FK Streetlines and Konig 16x7 Holes for tires.

Im quite proud of my Golf. It needs ALOT of little work I didnt have time to do as it was my daily and I did the swap in 3 days (not counting pulling parts from the donor car).
Goals for the winter is complete rewiring of the Megasquirt and MSD. and a few other wiring bits I didnt get done to par during the swap. Also needs a new clutch as it killed the Stage 2 Spec. Ill be trying a Southbend Stage 2 Drag kit next. I'm also planning on running a T3 turbo and getting head work done this winter.

So as you can see from that list not a whole lot of money will flow to the 86 quite yet. Not untill I can get it on a lift this week and see how the frame checks out. If the fenders can be cut/sealed Theres hope for an awesome little car this summer.

PICS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts