Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So looking to get a new 86 in the next couple of months. Just looking to hear pros and cons really.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. But just got a new promotion and turning 30 soon, so I'm wanting a new car for me.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,594 Posts
Pros : It's a manual. Tight turning car, fun, sporty. Tons of aftermarket support. Can cross-shop for parts with Subaru BRZ. Prius tires = donuts.
Con : Engine is a too underpowered, slower than my V6 Camry, blindspots everywhere, claustrophobic at times, small trunk. Prius tires = minimal grip.

Overall : Great car for single people or mid-life crisis, fun to drive, more fun with manual, a lot of aftermarket parts to choose from, great on mileage.

Reactions: got-rice

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pros : It's a manual. Tight turning car, fun, sporty. Tons of aftermarket support. Can cross-shop for parts with Subaru BRZ. Prius tires = donuts.
Con : Engine is a too underpowered, slower than my V6 Camry, blindspots everywhere, claustrophobic at times, small trunk. Prius tires = minimal grip.

Overall : Great car for single people or mid-life crisis, fun to drive, more fun with manual, a lot of aftermarket parts to choose from, great on mileage.
Yeah single and no kids. Just paid off my Honda 2 years ago. Feel like I'm the only guy at my car shop without a manual ?

·
straight cash homie
20,449 Posts
$30K is a lot to pay for IMO for an 86. I hope Toyota dealers are discounting them. TBH, I'd rather get a BRZ since they're the same thing.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I have a buddy who works at the dealership. I'm excited for it. Probably won't do a lot of aftermarket work to it.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,594 Posts
I have a buddy who works at the dealership. I'm excited for it. Probably won't do a lot of aftermarket work to it.
Let's see how long that will last.:ROFLMAO:

I said the same thing when I got my camry but it didn't stay stock for too long.

My previous car was modded quite a bit and manual....I miss driving manual.

You can get a new 86 for $26k these days. You really don't need options on it. If you want some creature comforts, get the BRZ as the standard comes better equipped than the Toyota 86 at the same price point.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let's see how long that will last.:ROFLMAO:

I said the same thing when I got my camry but it didn't stay stock for too long.

My previous car was modded quite a bit and manual....I miss driving manual.
Well I want the hakone edition.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,594 Posts
Well I want the hakone edition.
Well, I seeing how slow it's going out the door, they might be able to deal with you to bring it down under $30k OTD.

·
TN の がしょう
2015 Camry XSE V6
7,594 Posts
Why is it going slow out the door?
From what I see in dealerships around SoCal, they're not selling that quickly. The only car that is selling slower than the 86 is the new Supra but that's because the dealerships are marking them up and no one wants to buy it at the price they're asking for.

On average, the dealership will probably sell 1 86 for every 25 camrys or 50 rav4s they sell.

It's just not as popular as it used to be.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts