Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals I'm in need of a little advice on what parts exactly I may need to replace the roof rails on my truck as the previous owner has taken them off and must have installed some type of frame mounted rack and didn't tell me what brand/model or keep and pass along to me the old rails and also removed the old rack before selling me the truck so now what I have is my dream truck minus the roof rails or a rack and have naked channels on top with the molding above the driver side and passenger door stopping about mid door and bare metal channels from there back along the rest of my roof. Also because there is nothing to seat the molding under it pops up out of the channel on both sides and looks like its coming undone which it isn't but it looks pretty stupid. I've looked at replacing the rails and found them for about $200 per side through eb Toyota parts online but would hate to buy them and get them home only to find out I need a bunch of other little pieces of molding/seals/button snaps or whatever. I do most of my own minor mechanical work but have zero body work or molding experience. Any help or advice from anyone with Knowledge about this I would really appreciate it!! Hope you all are healthy and doing well with this junk going around.

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
1,713 Posts
Welcome. Just as an FYI, the Lexus part of this website doesn't get much traffic, so it may be a while before you find someone here with the expertise that you are looking for.

The Club Lexus Forum is much more active than this part of TN, so you might have more luck there.

You could also go to your local Lexus dealer's parts department and ask the person behind the counter for some assistance. Most Lexus dealers go the extra mile to help their customers- so if you are lucky they might even be willing to come out to your truck and take a look and then go back to their computer and give you the part numbers that you need.

You could also use the parts diagram on most Toyota/Lexus parts sites that will show you what those rails attach to- so if I were you I'd bring my computer/smart phone out to the car and then look closely at what parts are on your truck and which parts you'll need to order.

Good luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts