Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
ToyotaNation Member
2007 Camry LE
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What do these mean? 2AZ-FE model and 2GR-FE model??

I have an 07' LE 4 cyl. automatic and when I step on the gas pedal it feels like the transmission takes a second or two to figure it out(the shifting is a little delayed).
Is ths normal? Can it be fixed?
I bought the car with 15k miles on it(it was a "Program" car), and the dealership only gave me one key. My question is can I buy the same key on ebay, get it recut and then have the dealership or someone else reprogram it to save a bunch of money?

Thanks alot.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Burnes said:

I have an 07' LE 4 cyl. automatic and when I step on the gas pedal it feels like the transmission takes a second or two to figure it out(the shifting is a little delayed).
I bought the car with 15k miles on it(it was a "Program" car), and the dealership only gave me one key. My question is can I buy the same key on ebay, get it recut and then have the dealership or someone else reprogram it to save a bunch of money?

Thanks alot.
Welcome burnes, 2AZ-FE refers to the I4 engine, whereas 2GR-FE refers to the V6.

As for the "hesitation" you are experiencing. Return to the dealer and have TSB EG056-06 applied to it to improve it. As for the key. Yes, you can buy the blank key off of ebay and have it cut and programmed at the dealership.

·
Registered
824 Posts
for the key, I paid $55, then i found later that you can get the key blank in ebay with instructions to program and have it cut at walmart for a $1.5 :)

just follow the programming instructions to the DOT.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Burnes said:

Thanks alot.
Burnes, I am curious, if you dont mind me asking, what kind of deal did they cut for you ? By the way, congrats, these are great cars !!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Burnes said:
The more I read, not that good a deal. $19K. Ouch.
Burnes, you are in Austin and you folks have state tax like us in california right?? is that 19k out the door ?? Dont feel bad, these cars have gotten considerably cheaper in the last 2-3 months, I saved 1200 over what I would have paid just a few months ago..

·
ToyotaNation Member
2007 Camry LE
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
drjames said:
As for the "hesitation" you are experiencing. Return to the dealer and have TSB EG056-06 applied to it to improve it.
I just called my local service department and they said that there is no recall notice for my vehicle per my vin#. My vin# is earlier than the vin#'s listed in the TSB EG056-06. They did say to bring it in and they would test drive it to see if there is any hesitation.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
'07 XLE 4 cyl.
6,123 Posts
Burnes said:
I just called my local service department and they said that there is no recall notice for my vehicle per my vin#. My vin# is earlier than the vin#'s listed in the TSB EG056-06. They did say to bring it in and they would test drive it to see if there is any hesitation.
Any thoughts?
Yes, there is no recall notice, it is a TSB.

Don't ask them, tell them!!!!!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts