Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Somehow I've been living under a rock and didn't know about your site until now.


Me: University student, struggling to get out of there


Mines: Nothing, family has a 4runner (96)


Mods: Apart from the hood protector? Hmm... let's see, broken running boards when my parents scratched a fallen sign.

WAS planning to custom/TRD supercharge the 5VZFE, but still trying to figure out the insurance issues. (i.e. Insurance said they'd jack up premiums if the SUV is 'modded')

Good to meet you all :)
 

·
Reppin my Home
Joined
·
343 Posts
eMpTy265 said:
Somehow I've been living under a rock and didn't know about your site until now.


Me: University student, struggling to get out of there


Mines: Nothing, family has a 4runner (96)


Mods: Apart from the hood protector? Hmm... let's see, broken runner boards when my parents scratched a fallen sign.

WAS planning to custom supercharge the 5VZFE, but still trying to figure out the insurance issues. (Not to mention $$$)


Good to meet you all :)
If you S\C the 5vzfe, the insurance company really doesn't play a factor in it.

Welcome to the boards :thumbup:
 

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
Joined
·
1,179 Posts
Re: Re: New and Clueless

troy said:
If you S\C the 5vzfe, the insurance company really doesn't play a factor in it.

Welcome to the boards :thumbup:
for real.....what , what supercharger:dunno: :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess my insurance company sucks then

They said that if I mod my vehicle in any way, they'll raise the premiums.

Sadly, I'm driving a family car, so I can't risk modding without informing the company. Since if the car crashes, the company can refuse to insure everything.

(Hence, my supercharging plans are put on hold...)
 

·
TN's Nikon Expert?
Joined
·
12,670 Posts
insurace agent: "whats that? it looks like a supercharger"
you: "supercharger??!! no! no! no!....must be some kind of growth on the engine...you know.. like a wart or somehting...":dunno:
 

·
The Greatest
Joined
·
3,830 Posts
eMpTy265 said:
Guess my insurance company sucks then

They said that if I mod my vehicle in any way, they'll raise the premiums.

Sadly, I'm driving a family car, so I can't risk modding without informing the company. Since if the car crashes, the company can refuse to insure everything.

(Hence, my supercharging plans are put on hold...)
I seriously doubt this. You can get your car insured with out them even looking at it.

The only thing is if you get in an accident, you won't get any money for the s/c. But im like 99% sure they can't raise your premiums.

And you say if it is "modded"
So does that mean your premiums get raised for new rims, better taillights, etc? Thats why i really don't believe it.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top