Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have rotated the tires every 5k miles on my 06 XLS. I just had them rotated on the 15k service and asked for a balance because I was getting a littel bounce on the highway. They said the front right is twice as worn even across the tread as the other tires. Is this the traction wheel? I'll be lucky to get 5k more out of the one tire. They suggested rotating in the new spare wheel on the next oil change. That way I can get about 10k more out of the remaining tires. DO these Bridgestones stink or what?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. My wife drives pretty moderately. I push it sometimes but almost never lose traction.

Does the front right wheel get the most power?

Pressure has always been perfect. Haven't checked alignment but have not other symptoms of an alignment issue, and the worn tire is worn evenly, not on the center or either edge.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had the same problem with my 06 XLS. The dealer said that the tire pressure on the passenger side front tire was overinflated. He rotated it to the back. Now everytime I bring it back for its oil change. the dealer keeps checking the front tires for any unusual wearing. Everything is fine!!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't buy it. From my experience, overinflation typically causes a worn center area of the tread surface, not excessive even wear all the way across.

Sounds like typical dealer deflection.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts