Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
F

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NEW BF GOODRICH Winter Slalom 195/75/R14 2 pair BRAND-NEW
"Top-of-the-line" studded snow tires. State-of-the-art ice & snow
traction so you don’t get stuck this winter. Retail $110/each, sacrifice
$150/PAIR OBO Tannersville/Stroudsburg, PA area. UPS/FedeX will ship if
needed. 570-629-6568
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
"Fang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> NEW BF GOODRICH Winter Slalom 195/75/R14 2 pair BRAND-NEW
> "Top-of-the-line" studded snow tires. State-of-the-art ice & snow traction
> so you don’t get stuck this winter. Retail $110/each, sacrifice $150/PAIR
> OBO Tannersville/Stroudsburg, PA area. UPS/FedeX will ship if needed.
> 570-629-6568

I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bill wrote:
> "Fang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>
>>NEW BF GOODRICH Winter Slalom 195/75/R14 2 pair BRAND-NEW
>>"Top-of-the-line" studded snow tires. State-of-the-art ice & snow traction
>>so you don’t get stuck this winter. Retail $110/each, sacrifice $150/PAIR
>>OBO Tannersville/Stroudsburg, PA area. UPS/FedeX will ship if needed.
>>570-629-6568

>
> I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.
>
>

OT. This belongs on eBay.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:04:22 -0600, "Bill" <[email protected]> found these unused
words floating about:

>
>"Fang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> NEW BF GOODRICH Winter Slalom 195/75/R14 2 pair BRAND-NEW
>> "Top-of-the-line" studded snow tires. State-of-the-art ice & snow traction
>> so you don’t get stuck this winter. Retail $110/each, sacrifice $150/PAIR
>> OBO Tannersville/Stroudsburg, PA area. UPS/FedeX will ship if needed.
>> 570-629-6568

>I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.

Thunk agin' ... WA & OR still allow them.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 18:15:57 -0800, J. A. Mc. <[email protected]>
wrote:

>On Sun, 8 Jan 2006 19:04:22 -0600, "Bill" <[email protected]> found these unused
>words floating about:
>
>>
>>"Fang" <[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>> NEW BF GOODRICH Winter Slalom 195/75/R14 2 pair BRAND-NEW
>>> "Top-of-the-line" studded snow tires. State-of-the-art ice & snow traction
>>> so you don’t get stuck this winter. Retail $110/each, sacrifice $150/PAIR
>>> OBO Tannersville/Stroudsburg, PA area. UPS/FedeX will ship if needed.
>>> 570-629-6568

>>I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.

>Thunk agin' ... WA & OR still allow them.


Yeah, well either way his ISP doesn't allow spam and since he's well
above BI=20 now, he'll likely be spending the money he gets for the
tires for a new ISP.

--
gburnore at DataBasix dot Com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
How you look depends on where you go.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gary L. Burnore | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
Official .sig, Accept no substitutes. | ÝÛ³ºÝ³Þ³ºÝ³³Ýۺݳ޳ºÝ³Ý³Þ³ºÝ³ÝÝÛ³
| ÝÛ 0 1 7 2 3 / Ý³Þ 3 7 4 9 3 0 Û³
Black Helicopter Repair Services, Ltd.| Official Proof of Purchase
===========================================================================
 
M
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Bill wrote:
>
>> I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.

>
> Depends on which state, and the time of the year. Most states do allow
> studded tires, but with restrictions (such as during the winter months
> or only in certain areas).
>
> Here are some maps for studding laws in the US and Canada, provided by
> Nokian Tires:
> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUni.jpg
> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUniCanada.jpg
>

I remember back in the 60's when they were very popular in MN. The concrete
roadways developed grooves. Must have cost our state hundreds of millions.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:16:24 -0600, "Bill" <[email protected]> found these unused
words floating about:

>
><[email protected]> wrote in message
>news:[email protected]
>> Bill wrote:
>>
>>> I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.

>>
>> Depends on which state, and the time of the year. Most states do allow
>> studded tires, but with restrictions (such as during the winter months
>> or only in certain areas).
>>
>> Here are some maps for studding laws in the US and Canada, provided by
>> Nokian Tires:
>> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUni.jpg
>> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUniCanada.jpg
>>

>I remember back in the 60's when they were very popular in MN. The concrete
>roadways developed grooves. Must have cost our state hundreds of millions.
>

I-5 in Oregon is much like that as are parts of WA. It's like riding in
ruts, try to shift a bit and the car 'jumps'. Hence most passenger traffic
crowds the far left lane - trucks 'forbidden' {yeah, right and Santa ...} !
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"J. A. Mc." <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> On Mon, 9 Jan 2006 12:16:24 -0600, "Bill" <[email protected]> found these
> unused
> words floating about:
>
>>
>><[email protected]> wrote in message
>>news:[email protected]
>>> Bill wrote:
>>>
>>>> I thought studs had been outlawed in most states.
>>>
>>> Depends on which state, and the time of the year. Most states do allow
>>> studded tires, but with restrictions (such as during the winter months
>>> or only in certain areas).
>>>
>>> Here are some maps for studding laws in the US and Canada, provided by
>>> Nokian Tires:
>>> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUni.jpg
>>> http://www.nokiantires.com/newsite/NU/NokianUniCanada.jpg
>>>

>>I remember back in the 60's when they were very popular in MN. The
>>concrete
>>roadways developed grooves. Must have cost our state hundreds of
>>millions.
>>

> I-5 in Oregon is much like that as are parts of WA. It's like riding in
> ruts, try to shift a bit and the car 'jumps'. Hence most passenger traffic
> crowds the far left lane - trucks 'forbidden' {yeah, right and Santa ...}
> !


MN heavily publicized the damage they were doing. Most of know who pays to
fix the roads and who waits in line during the construction season. Here
the problem has been solved through a combination of legislation and
education.

There was another distasteful aspect to studs. Every now and then one will
fall out and break someone's windshield.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top