Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I currently own a 2004 HL, V6 AWD...I just recently had my 35,000 Mile servicing done and the dealer told me that my brakes need to be changed soon. He told me the front brakes are down to 2mm and the rear is at 4mm. They were about to charge me $250 for each set ($500 for both sets plus labor). I opted to buy my own parts looking for a better deal. I have a good friend who can put in the new stuff that I order.

Well, the reason I posted was to find out if someone could recommend a good brand or a website that I can order Brake pads and/or Brake rotors/discs...I'm a relatively passive driver so paying the extra price for premium racing parts isn't worthwhile for me. Basically, something that has good quality and a decent price would be right for me...unless someone has another suggestion, (The OEM brakes worked just fine for me). Thanx for any help folks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My 2 cents

I am surprised your brakes are in that condition. In regards to pads, rotors, etc look for a brand that is made in Usa, Germany, etc, for example Bosch parts. Why not consider factory Toyota parts? Just look for good quality replacement parts and you won't have a problem. Also check the warranty, this is usually a good indicator of the quality, price does not always dictate quality. Good luck!

·
4,180 Posts
Suggestion

Check out Solaraguy.com There are 2 guys that work for different dealerships. Jackass-Jeff and NVSD1 or something like that. They get killer deals on OEM parts which is what I like to use. Shouldn't be more than $200 for parts/labor front and rear including maching rotors. The dealership is really trying to stick it to you. Jon.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts