Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Damn Tundra is getting more work done (third front diff) so they actually gave me a decent loaner, last one was an 08 Tacoma, reg cab, 4cyl and 2WD.

This one is much better. I personally haven't owned a car in almost 13 years, only 4WD trucks. This car actually handles and rides pretty damn good. Power is adequate (not close to the 381hp in the Tundra) and the visibilty is good as well. Very good looking also.

But the brakes are horrible....and.....

How do you guys drive these things when you are so low to the ground? :lol::lol:

Don't mind the garage floor, I've been stripping it.........

·
Registered
453 Posts
Try the V6, it will put the Tundra to shame with only 270ish hp. I went from a 1500 lifted CrewCab to the Camry. It is a big adjustment to driving habits and not caring about pot holes or road debris. Now that the wife has the Camry and I have the Highlander, its not that bad. The HL is higher and slower, just like my truck.

·
"Circle of trust"
Camry SE
1,229 Posts
How can you tell that's not a V6? I pretty sure when you have a 381HP and you compare it to 265HP, there will be a difference. Even more so 381HP vs. 158HP.

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts

Damn Tundra is getting more work done (third front diff) so they actually gave me a decent loaner, last one was an 08 Tacoma, reg cab, 4cyl and 2WD.

This one is much better. I personally haven't owned a car in almost 13 years, only 4WD trucks. This car actually handles and rides pretty damn good. Power is adequate (not close to the 381hp in the Tundra) and the visibilty is good as well. Very good looking also.

But the brakes are horrible....and.....

How do you guys drive these things when you are so low to the ground? :lol::lol:
lol, tell that to those guys slammed with coilover. :naughty:

How can you tell that's not a V6? I pretty sure when you have a 381HP and you compare it to 265HP, there will be a difference. Even more so 381HP vs. 158HP.
Most, if not all loaners, are i4. I haven't seen a V6 loaner.

·
Registered
453 Posts
You have no idea what weight can do to hp. That truck weights around 5000# and the Camry probably comes in around 3200#. Thats an additional 1800# that those extra 111hp has to move. Try taking a physics class and then come back trying to school me on hp vs weight and its affects on acceleration. :lol:

Edit: the truck probably weights more than 5K since its a 4x4, plus if he has a lift, taller tires or any weight on it it will slow him down.

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Ahh... You reminded me of my old LE... :sosad:

You know, as an admin, I think you should own every Toyota cars. :thumbsup:

·
2002 Camry
669 Posts
You have no idea what weight can do to hp. That truck weights around 5000# and the Camry probably comes in around 3200#. Thats an additional 1800# that those extra 111hp has to move. Try taking a physics class and then come back trying to school me on hp vs weight and its affects on acceleration. :lol:

Edit: the truck probably weights more than 5K since its a 4x4, plus if he has a lift, taller tires or any weight on it it will slow him down.

You also have to take in account, that a truck is not designed for speed. It's designed to for towing, moving heavy loads, etc, so the focus would be more on torque. Torque and horsepower are not exactly the same thing, although they are have a direct correlation to each other. The comparison, if you ask me, is comparing apples to oranges.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Yeah the brake doesn't pull so well, and when u floor all the way, it blocks.

For the height, u can always give it a lift if u want :lol:

·
Sedan Life
2003 Lexus ES300
5,115 Posts
hey we have tons of those as loaners at work...
our fleet is:
15 camrys...13 LE's and 2 hybrids
4 4runners....all base V6 4wd
6 Highlanders...all base/sport, some 4wd some fwd
8 Siennas...all base
10 Corollas...some LE some S
2 priuses...base
2 tacomas....base 4wd V6
2 FJ's....base 4wd

i used to work in teh rental office at night for extra $$

·
Registered
4,421 Posts
I like the breaks on the Gen6 more than my Gen5. The only problem is that at 25,000 miles they are starting to vibrate when applied.

·
GO PATRIOTS!
2007 Tundra
8,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nice loaner. camrys make great rentals if you ask me. haha.

btw, is that blood on the garage floor? are you constantly running over squirrels, deer, and small children with your tundra's front diff or something? stripping the garage floor my butt. haha.

lol, the previous owner of my house was some old lady that for some reason parked in the driveway and used the garage for storage, so she painted the floor with some kind of cheap paint :lol:. Its on the to do list.

As for the car vs the truck, yes it is an 4 cyl in the car. The truck has 4.30 gears and pulls really hard from a standstill, but the Camry seems to have better acceleration at higher speeds, ie going from 45-70.

Irregardless, its a pretty damn good car....

·
Bulletime
2,206 Posts
lol, the previous owner of my house was some old lady that for some reason parked in the driveway and used the garage for storage, so she painted the floor with some kind of cheap paint :lol:. Its on the to do list.

As for the car vs the truck, yes it is an 4 cyl in the car. The truck has 4.30 gears and pulls really hard from a standstill, but the Camry seems to have better acceleration at higher speeds, ie going from 45-70.

Irregardless, its a pretty damn good car....
Really? I've had a green loaner Camry (I4 of course), and I hated it.

I have no problems with the brakes, you should see some really bad brakes out there (Honda Civics, Volvos, etc)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts