Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Monday picking up a 2011 Toyota Camry SE V6 on Monday. Tuesday it is going to local shop for two tone leather and sunroof. Shortly thereafter, coilovers, wheels and tint.

I have been checking out the board for a while. Trying to decide on wheels and coilovers.

Did not realize so many choices for coilovers! Looks like a few of you have traded up, sideways on the coilovers. . . I will read as to WHY?:confused:

Jus sayn hi!

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome:)

·
ConeKiller Camry
2010 Camry LE
1,043 Posts
Welcome to TN! If you prefer a very strong tip, skip the lowering springs and jump to coils. To give you an idea, I bought my LE last Thanksgiving and put springs on her after 5k. 10k after that, I bought coilovers. To put that in a time perspective, 10k passed in 4 months LOL

I have BC Racing and love it

·
Registered
262 Posts
Welcome:thumbsup:!!!Make this your update thread and post pics when your done.

·
Official SE member
Camry 2008 SE
478 Posts
:welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome::welcome:
welcome!
:clap::D

·
Registered
188 Posts
Welcome... I am also a new user with a MUCH SMALLER budget...lol.

I have a 2008 SE I4 5sp one month old. I will do wheels (after the winter), I put winter tires on my stock wheels and a system and I think that's it.

Don't mind me... but I ask questions when I don't understand. Didn't your car come with a sunroof? If you do one aftermarket won't you lose the moon roof?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
nice . .

appreciate the welcome. I think I am getting a pretty good deal. $23,600 for the car. I assume they are clearing out for the 2012 model. I think it will be a new body style.
r

Can I sell parts on this site? I WILL have the 17" wheels and tires that are on the car. Should I just put them on ebay?

ON the SE are there any coilovers that are better than others? Geesh been reading and seems like a lot of you have switched out. I also see some of you "parting out" should I keep my stock coilovers and re-install if / when I sell the car?

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
Keeping your stock springs/shocks is up to you. If you THINK you'll see the car, i'd hold onto them.

Yes, we do have a for sale section here!

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Are you going to have someone cut a hole in the roof and sunroof it?? Think long and hard about this. This is generally an ill advised effort that rarely works out.

·
=]
nasa space shuttle
3,690 Posts
id pass with the sunroof, you'll probably run into leaks in the future.

The quality and your cars overall structure is going to go down.

Its being cut by human, error is always present, what if this , what if that, etc etc.

And why do you want one so bad? I have one in my car and um ... never touch it lol..
anyways congrats on the car

·
Registered
8,415 Posts
Do not get aftermarket sun/moon/star roof, no matter what she said!! :nono: :lol:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
no sunroof

I had one installed on a vehicle a few years back. What is the problem? I will search for threads on this. I won't be speed racing with this car so I don't think losing any agility is huge. I have another car for that.

If leaky that would suck for sure.

Got the car will take some pics.

·
2010 Camry SE V6
2021 Toyota Camry TRD
3,245 Posts
I wouldn't get an aftermarket sunroof if I were you...

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
The big deal with an after market sunroof is LEAKS.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts