Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1598 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
This thread is for new member have just got a new/use Camry/Solara and want to say "Hi" and express your joy and such for your new car. Or to say, "Guess what? I'm getting a CAMRY!". Welcome to ToyotaNation.

Some useful threads and info on the forums - for Tn people!
-
Search page
-Forum Rules
-DIY and General Forum Info/Links
-Maintenance and Parts Info Thread
-
Gen5/6 Camry and Gen 2 Solara pics thread
-Car parts FS/WTB/WTT

These may be some helpful tips for you to maximize your replies and your experience here on ToyotaNation. As you may notice, certain types of posts get more accurate and numerous relevant responses than others. And of course, certain posts seem to maximize the number of flames possible... we want to actually minimize that. :D

So here you go. Again, just some ideas. You don't have to do all of these and include all of these in your posts. This is probably geared more towards those asking a specific question or looking for information on something.

1. Do Your Research!HERE
Chances are, if you haven't tried to find your own answer or searched somewhere, not many people are going to willingly do it for you. This includes Google,..... among other resources. And if you DO research before you post and didn't find what you're looking for... you may want to casually mention it so that you don't get 10 posts saying to do it yourself.

2. Be Informed!
If you post something and sound as though you have no idea what you're even asking, not many others will either. Know your topic as much as you can so that you will be able to provide the most information for those that may help you. This includes posting in the proper area - posting in the most relevant forum will only get your more relevant replies.

3. Choose Your Words!
Word your Subject and content appropriately. Short and to the point is best while still being descriptive and clear. Avoid one word subjects or subjects that are too long. Some examples of
BAD subjects would be: "HELLLPPP MEE!!!!", "Wheels", or maybe "LoOk WuT i FoUnD iN tHe BaK NeXt To Da BaNaNa!!" And it really should go without saying, but you should keep basic grammar and spelling in mind... this isn't AOL.

4. Be Courteous and Polite!
Demanding help and being mean will only get you flames - no matter how fast you need an answer. Be polite... use Please and Thank You. This is still human interaction, even if it's on the internet.

5. Illegal Activities
Promotion or solicitation of illegal activities is prohibited. This includes, street racing, illegal smog inspection, theft, drugs, abandoned car part-outs, etc. We take this seriously.

6. Obey The Rules!
This includes all forum rules for TN.

If you feel you have something that can be added here, pm a Mod or Admin. Suggestions are welcome.

·
must.resist.modding
5,234 Posts
This is much better than what I had thought in the PM. I thought it was a thread where people just post everything. Kudos.

New members definitely need to put down in the title what they need help with rather than "HELP!", "PLEASE HELP", "IS THIS SUPPOSE TO HAPPEN?" or "ANYONE KNOW IF THIS CAN BE DONE".

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well, I am 16 and I got my 1997 Camry CE. I just got my permit, and I haven't driven my Camry apart from backing it up in the driveway :p

The previous owner appears to have done some modding. He changed out the rims to 18in ones and added foglights. Also, the heater kind of sucks, and my dad's guess is he did some modding to the engine to make it cooler... which explains why it sucks at heating :D.

Um... yea :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey everyone

Hey everyone, I just got a 2004 Camry LE so I decided I should probably join this section of Toyota Nation. Just upgraded from a 91 v6. The Camry is stock right now but I'm thinking of doing a few subtle asthetic mods to it.

Here are my plans so far:
Medium black window tints
IS300 rims or the v6 5-spokes
factory spoiler
sun roof
factory black housing headlamps
footwell courtesy lights (front and back)
nicer muffler tip
and maybe a full sounds system and some lowering springs

I'll post things as they happen, pleasure to meet you all

-Jeff

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
welcome should be at the meeting coming up this 20th, check the link in my sig

·
Here and there...
5,838 Posts
Hey everyone, I just got a 2004 Camry LE so I decided I should probably join this section of Toyota Nation. Just upgraded from a 91 v6. The Camry is stock right now but I'm thinking of doing a few subtle asthetic mods to it.

Here are my plans so far:
Medium black window tints
IS300 rims or the v6 5-spokes
factory spoiler
sun roof
factory black housing headlamps
footwell courtesy lights (front and back)
nicer muffler tip
and maybe a full sounds system and some lowering springs

I'll post things as they happen, pleasure to meet you all

-Jeff
Welcome aboard. :clap:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Mew Member with a Camry

I have lurked on this site for a few years now but I have been primary Scion the past few years. The boards are set up totally different on that side so I am still trying to learn what is allowed & what isn't & where to post things. I was a little lost my first night & Kenny had to move my first post :( sorry about that & I will do my best to put things where they belong !

Anyway I don't know if this is ok or not but here is the link to my intro thread. I figured I would post it on the main page since I have had so many Toyota's recently that maybe I could help some other members out & be of some use on here. I am new to the Camry though so expect some questions from me on getting it together the right way. If posting the link is not ok, just delete this post & I will figure it out LOL

Anyways : http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=334548

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
^ its all good man, welcome. np at all. anything ask pp, we r happy to help u out if u need anything.
anything let me know

1 - 20 of 1598 Posts
About this Discussion
1.6K Replies
521 Participants
05ghost
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing