Toyota Nation Forum banner

1561 - 1580 of 1598 Posts

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts
Hello everyone, I recently bought a pre-owned 2010 Camry Hybrid with 73,000 kilometers on the clock. The previous owner (who used it for 8 months) bought it as a signature class from Toyota and have extended its warranty so I still have around 4 years of warranty on the vehicle.

Looking forward to get to know the vehicle and the community more.
check out this forum...

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/105-camry-hybrid/

·
Registered
23 Posts
Howdy!

Have just spent DAYS reading about smart keys and remote programming for Gen 5 and Gen 6 Camrys. Can't find a summary anywhere, so here's my stab at it:

Gen 5s don't have transponders in the key, so the remotes can be programmed by using the sequence of steps outlined on the Youtube video. Gen 6s (starting in 2007?) CANNOT be programmed by using those steps because the key transponder must be programmed into the ECU so that the engine will start. This can be done at the dealership or by anyone with the software and a connector cable to connect the computer to the car OBDII port. BUT, the only way to get the level of software that allows reading of the security codes is to be registered in a car security database.

You can get the keys on Ebay, but the dealerships range from won't touch a non-dealership key to charging anywhere from nothing to $130 to cut the key and program it so it will start the car and work the remote functions.

How did I do??:naughty:
I just got a 2003 Camry XLE and got only one key with remote. By reading your post I understand that I can just get a duplicate key done anywhere as its a non transponder key?

·
Registered
3 Posts
2003 Camry Rims

SO i recently bought a 2003 Camry. It's in great condition and has very few miles on it. Something that definitely needs to change though is the rims. It currently has very, very curbed hubcaps. I want to get some stock alloy rims, but can't find a place that i can get them for a good price (didn't want to spend more than $300 on them). If anyone would tell me where i can get some of even buy some good condition alloy rims off someone on here i'd really appreciate the help! :smile:

·
Super Moderator
14,538 Posts
SO i recently bought a 2003 Camry. It's in great condition and has very few miles on it. Something that definitely needs to change though is the rims. It currently has very, very curbed hubcaps. I want to get some stock alloy rims, but can't find a place that i can get them for a good price (didn't want to spend more than $300 on them). If anyone would tell me where i can get some of even buy some good condition alloy rims off someone on here i'd really appreciate the help! :smile:
Craigslist or a forum classified section (like our Car Parts For Sale Forum here: http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/66-car-parts-sale/) are your best bet.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks..I'm gonna go check them out.

====== update ==========

I change my mind. I afraid the wind might pick it up and create more problems.

No problem all winter......it come with special ''attach'' (long 1 foot nails and cramps) or special moulded concrete at a 4 ends......

·
Joined the dark side. :D
5,759 Posts
No problem all winter......it come with special ''attach'' (long 1 foot nails and cramps) or special moulded concrete at a 4 ends......
Wind can get quite strong here, roof get blown off especially those new built home.

I'm just being cautious. IMO these "tents" are not meant to be up for a long period of time. I prefer something more permanent.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Wind can get quite strong here, roof get blown off especially those new built home.

I'm just being cautious. IMO these "tents" are not meant to be up for a long period of time. I prefer something more permanent.
IT THE 2 doors are close......no problem.......50-55 mph peek this winter

·
Registered
59 Posts
Looked at '06 Camry that I considered buying today...until I noticed a small pool of water under the spare tire. Is there any innocent explanation for how that could have happened?

·
7,420 Posts
Hmm. I don't know about innocent, kind of the wrong term for an inanimate object like a car. I assume you mean some reason other than they spilled a coke taking the tire out or some other way it could have got there other than a leak. I don't know of any myself. Sounds like the window or trunk seal is leaking maybe?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Looked at '06 Camry that I considered buying today...until I noticed a small pool of water under the spare tire. Is there any innocent explanation for how that could have happened?
rubber that seal the trunk.....do a test...wipe out..dry the rubber...........close trunk.....putt hose( full water) 1 minute...

wipe outside stunk (dry)

open trunk.......check leak on rubber (water)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Returning Camry owner, just got a 2010 SE (I4). Have already started with some mods. Beefed up the flimsy trunk floor, had a emte start/alarm put in, added a double din BT deck. Next are wheels, rear sway bar (made a huge difference on my 2000 model), amp, sub, and components up front. I'll be a busy boy this winter!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just bid farewell to my beloved SC300 for a 2007 Camry V6 due to daily commute reliability concerns.

It's an LE, and it's pretty bare bones. I just ordered a leather non-heated set in bisque/tan off of a wrecked 2007, as well as the very common DIY heated seat pad kit which I intend to install myself under the upholstery.

1561 - 1580 of 1598 Posts
About this Discussion
1.6K Replies
521 Participants
05ghost
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing