Toyota Nation Forum banner

1581 - 1598 of 1598 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
That sounds like a fun project. If you have time take a lot of pictures and post a "How To" I'm sure there are many out there who would be interested

·
7,725 Posts

·
Top TN contributor
3,480 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Very nice looking XLE. There are lots of mods that can be made, it all depends on your taste. Some of my favorites were HID headlights, fog lights, spoiler, woodgrain interior trim , compass mirror, air intake silencer box delete and body side moldings. Make things your way. Enjoy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
2007 Camry LE

Hi Everyone,

Bought a 2007 Camry LE with 107k miles on it a year back; car has around 120k miles on it now. Just got the pistons and piston rings replaced by the dealer for excessive oil consumption. However, feel like the dealer did unnecessary repairs; charged me almost $700 to replace the water pump, serpentile belt, power steering return line and spark plugs. Worst part is they called me while I was in the middle of an interview to ask (obviously, they didn't know what my schedule for the day looked like) and they said they needed a reply from me in an hour as the mechanic had the engine open and had other things to do. :|

·
Jaykub425
2 Posts
I'm in love

I just upgraded from a 2001 Corolla with 265,403mi to a 2004 Camry with 85,200mi! I used to be all gungho(sp?) about domestic vehicles. I used to swear that I wouldn't touch a foreign vehicle until I bought the Corolla. of the 265.5k miles on it, I would say half of them were driven by me. Unfortunately, C-c had to be put to sleep RIP 2000-2016 LOL I have only had the Camry for 3 days but I wouldn't set foot into another domestic vehicle again. Toyota has proven itself to me whereas Dodge and GM have proven to be utter failures. Those cars are in junk yards. I fully plan to replace the engine in the corolla. It's just a matter of finding another 2001 that has catastrophic rear end damage so that the engine is unaffected. :fart:

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
My first Toyota Camry 2005 XLE V6 , almost 2 years since I purchased it, low mileage mint. Door panel says 215/60/r16 , need to replace tires soon. previous owner had put on Triple Tred 225/55 R16 , what difference does it make.
Should I go with original size 215/60/R16 for best performance.

thanks you guys are great

·
XII asinum calce abjecist
1 Posts
Hi Forum - new user and looking for a little insight, not the Honda kind. I'm thinking of purchasing a 2006 Camry Solara SE w/3.3 V6, not convertible (sunroof) and all the options. Only 68k miles but, as I am a stranger to Toyota's is there anything to be aware of when I look at it this coming Saturday. It seems well kept and I'm pretty good at judging used cars in general but did that particular year/engine combo have anything that might be a "concern". Getting it for the wife to run about town and I'm fairly convinced we'll buy it and any insight (heh) you can give would be greatly appreciated.

PS, not looking for the overall thoughts about maintenance and the usual issues to look for on a used car, really looking for more specific info on this model/year.

Thanks in advance,
Duke

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just recently just got back into a Toyota. I was doing some searches and this site came up on some questions I had last week. I ended up joining since now that I have a toyota, I might as well get as much info as I can. I just got a 2010 Toyota Camry which took quite some time to find because I fully hate automatics. It's ironic Toyota makes automatics, but export manuals to other countries (smh). Well, I am happy to be back to Toyota after a stint with Honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
New owner Checking in

Hello Everyone,

Got my 05 1AZ camry just 3 days ago. Car is in a superb condition, probably the only thing that i didnt like is the fact that the previous owner was not consistent with the type of engine oil used. I plan to stick with whats recommend on the manual - 5w/10w30, Liqui Moly Molyglen or MOS2 plus Ceratec. Cars done 100000km so even full synth may be allright. But previous oil used for the engine makes me think that may not be a good idea.

It shows (service record) mineral in the beginning, then some semi, then full then back to semi. Gear oil is all right. Nevertheless all fluids have to go, and i intend to do that. Plus, BF, PSF, Coolant. Steering feels a bit heavy, maybe thats normal?

Odometer brightness is insufficient (for me at least) at night, maybe a bulb needs replacement.

Two Michelin tyres has minor wall cracks so maybe will go soon (215 r16 60)

Steering leather is beginning to wear, will leather polish/treatment work? Or use a steering cover? (ughh!)

Thats my initial thoughts atm, must inspect further (and drive) to find out more

Love this car :grin:

Cheers Everyone
M

·
Registered
36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

Hey guys. New member here; although, I have had my 2005 white Camry for two years. I was a Honda guy, but I got a great deal on this Camry. It had under 100k when I got it, and I have loved this car enough to put 30k on it. The only thing I don't like is that it is an automatic, but I can live with the automatic. Hopefully it will last for a long time.

1581 - 1598 of 1598 Posts