Toyota Nation Forum banner

161 - 180 of 1598 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
Cool, what size piece do you think I need to wrap the entire thing? I'm thinking doors (except cloth piece), whole dash, whole center, and rear of front seats.
2x4 should be enough if u dont mess up :smokin:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Battery replacement DIY?

High everyone, my 05 ,3.0 v6 Camry went in for for oil change and at 60,250 miles, dealer recommends timing belt,water pump replacement.

Also recommended was battery replacement since their test showed that my battery is weak.Total charge almost $1,00.00

Car was purchased used last september and services are all dealer so far.
Is it the right time/mileage for timing belt and water pump replacement?

Also I've been replacing my car batteries over the years by mysef, so I was thinking to do the same with this Camry. Is it recommendable? Or battery replacement for the car is better left alone for the service deptartment?

Battery replacement alone is $160 at the dealer.Your recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #163
its not that hard to replace a battery, or bring it autozone or auto parts shop they can do it for u for free or cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This thread is meant for all noobies to ask away...........post it up,link it, pic it,etc... whatever it is.

PLEASE, start with the search function first...............

We want to try and cut down on a lot of the basic questions...SO, if all else fails, post here and we can point you in the right direction!

This is from me: WELCOME EVERYONE TO ToyotaNation. Veterans dont give new member a hard time or ill delete yur post. welcome to the family :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

* This thread will be edited every so often to clean it up. Please keep it on topic.

TN members, please use the "Thanks" feature in a professional way, it is a good indicator of who helps out on this forum. Its on the right bottom of each post.

Do not abuse this function, please.

Thanks, I was really looking for a sticky or a post regarding my question but couldn't find one after searching from the search box. However, I'll search again just as you recommended.:D

·
Administrator
2008 Highlander Base
35,284 Posts
High everyone, my 05 ,3.0 v6 Camry went in for for oil change and at 60,250 miles, dealer recommends timing belt,water pump replacement.

Also recommended was battery replacement since their test showed that my battery is weak.Total charge almost $1,00.00

Car was purchased used last september and services are all dealer so far.
Is it the right time/mileage for timing belt and water pump replacement?

Also I've been replacing my car batteries over the years by mysef, so I was thinking to do the same with this Camry. Is it recommendable? Or battery replacement for the car is better left alone for the service deptartment?

Battery replacement alone is $160 at the dealer.Your recommendations are appreciated. Thanks.
IMO, that's way too early for the timing belt and water pump. 90K is pretty much the standard, but check your owner's manual for the recommended service interval. Like Kenny said, replace any battery yourself. It's easy as pie to do, and will cost you a lot less than any dealer will charge.

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #166
yup dealer always overcharge so dont go there and listen to them. i think its only like 4-5 bolts to remove the battery. next time u can post here and pp can help u out or point at the right the direction for u

·
Registered
68 Posts
Can anyone recomend a good shop for wheel/rim refinishing in CA?

I have done a search up and down this forum about the subject at hand.

So I have damaged a set of wheels and instead of replacing them, i find it cheaper to get them refinished. ANy good shops in southern CA?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #168

So I have damaged a set of wheels and instead of replacing them, i find it cheaper to get them refinished. ANy good shops in southern CA?
i think the best is look into local forums where u live or ask local car shop they can help u out. :thumbsup:

·
Slip-Slap in my Camry
@007 camry se v6
861 Posts
if you are replacing a battery with the same size battery it will only take a few minutes, but in my case since my system and other components i switched to a yellow top battery, and they are a different size, after fidling around with it to try to make it fit, i had to cut the hose the wires are consealed in for the positive so it can reach farther, and then had to relocate where the ground wite connects to the car. this was to allow enough length for the positive and negative to connect to the battery. It was some work, but still shouldnt have cost you that much.

·
Slip-Slap in my Camry
@007 camry se v6
861 Posts

are you just talking about getting them powder coated or rechromed, or are you talking about buffing out scratches and fixing bents?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks guys,I thought so about the timing belt and the water pump,however,my concern is whether something must be reset/relearn after battery replacement.My search here shows some models need relearn procedures while others the EUC or whatver? reset itself.

I've replaced many battery over the years without any problems afterwards.However, I'm not sure the same applies to this 05 camry xle 3.0 v6 with so many electronic gadgets.

If I can replace the battery by myself without encountering problems afterwards like blinking dash lights or stalling issues,then I'll prefer Die Hard Gold from sears,it has been good to me over the years.What do you think? Thanks again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi, i just converted my whole car to LED, only thing that confuses me are the resistors. From what I have understood is that a pair of 3ohm 50w resistors will work for 2front and 2 rear turning signals correct? So there for i must wire the two front ones to one resistor and kind of meet half way? And sane for the back? Thank you to anyone who responds this whole subject just vonfused me and all the diy's talk about one resistor for each bulb so im really confused.

* and btw, who knew leds for fogs were so bright 0.0 lol

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #174
Hi, i just converted my whole car to LED, only thing that confuses me are the resistors. From what I have understood is that a pair of 3ohm 50w resistors will work for 2front and 2 rear turning signals correct? So there for i must wire the two front ones to one resistor and kind of meet half way? And sane for the back? Thank you to anyone who responds this whole subject just vonfused me and all the diy's talk about one resistor for each bulb so im really confused.

* and btw, who knew leds for fogs were so bright 0.0 lol
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299364

this link is to a LED thread, yur better over there and pp should answer yur question there if not just post in there :thumbsup:

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,082 Posts
IMO, that's way too early for the timing belt and water pump. 90K is pretty much the standard, but check your owner's manual for the recommended service interval. Like Kenny said, replace any battery yourself. It's easy as pie to do, and will cost you a lot less than any dealer will charge.
Was just going to say 90-95k range. That's what the service manual says.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for your input,the same service lady at the dealer recommended transmission oil change when it was 55,000 mile.I thought it was a bit early for that but I accepted her recommendation and went through with it.

When checked from the manual afterwards,it says 'Change automatic tranmission fluid only as neccessary','...'only if your vehicle is drven under one of the special operating conditions listed in your"Schedule Maintenance Guide" or "owner's Manual Suppplement".Mine's is 90% on the highway.

Don't qiute sure but saw somewhere in the owner's manual like 90,000 miles?Anyway I thought it was a little early for trnny oil change.:confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
07 Camry tranny flush & oil change

I bought my girls Camry in June this year, it is time to change the oil in the Camry.

I already got the OEM filter at the dealer. I am thinking of picking up 5w30 Castrol Syntec. Now for my questions...

- how many quarts the 2.4L takes?
- the cap says 0w20 - I think that is way too thin for AZ high summer temps

The Camry has 83k miles right now. I tried to find out if the tranny fluid was flushed when I bought it. I bought the Camry as Toyota Certified Vehicle. I got mixed answers... I am thinking of doing the Tranny flush around 90k. Now for my questions...

- does the Camry auto tranny has drain plug?
- does the Camry auto tranny has a filter?
- what ATF to use?
- how often the fluid should be changed?

I know that if the tranny doesn't have drain plug, I can just take out the tranny pan and get the fluid out...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does it have a manual in the glove box? This will give you fluid capacities.

-Use what the oil cap says, highly educated engineers have spent hours and hours testing these engines and have determined that 0w20 is a suitable and safe oil for your vehicle. the 0 is what weight the oil performs like when it COLD, it will perform like a 20 weight oil when hot. This is enough for your climate.

-Look at the tranny pan, it should have a drain plug to drain the old fluid out of. Toyota does not recommend flushing the tranny, rather do a drain & fill. Again, the manual will have a refill quantity.

-Toyotas use a tranny screen, not a replaceable filter. If the fluid is in REALLY bad shape, you can remove it and clean it with clean fluid, otherwise a drain & fill is good enough.

·
Registered
13 Posts
dimming the lights on the vent / aircon / fan controls?

I'm getting a pioneer / gps system installed this week, so I won't be bothered with the brightness of the old radio lights when it's turned off.

I'm wondering if there is any way of dimming the lights on the vent / aircon / fan controls in the 07 camry?

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
I'm getting a pioneer / gps system installed this week, so I won't be bothered with the brightness of the old radio lights when it's turned off.

I'm wondering if there is any way of dimming the lights on the vent / aircon / fan controls in the 07 camry?
the instrument panel's brightness can be adjusted by rotating the trip button.

161 - 180 of 1598 Posts