Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The first image is the rear panel for my 93. It still has to be sanded (again) and clearcoated with urethane. This is the final resin stage. I have sanded it smooth and have yet to clear it since the image was taken.

The second image is my seats layered in carbon before being finished.

The last two are the rear speaker deck. I will be wet sanding the surface and polishing it since this photo was taken.

I am a fan of carbon, I like the look of it myself anyways.
So what do you think? I think it'll go with my hood and dash pieces, batterybox, door panels, interior panels, shift knob, pedals, etc etc...:D
edit: oh yeah: Splitter, front canards, single plane wing, mirrors(jgtc), underwear...

·
Registered
97 Posts
you can never have enough carbon fiber
:thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These ones are just covered. The seats needed the support anyways, as I had stress cracks in one since I used it as an office chair. I am still in the process of learning to make molds.

The door panels are heat cured sheets that are carbon only, and the rest is carbon only. The rear panel I covered as well as the speaker deck since making a mold for one item would have been rediculously time consuming and if I was going for weight, I would leave it out anyways (I can still remove it, but it weighs only a few ounces more anyways).

The rear deck was polished today and installed. I just have the closeups, the wide view doesn't look any different than factory.

·
Registered
99 camry le v6
148 Posts
that rear deck looks tight as hell. i was thinkin about how it would be tight to do that part in carbon fiber, i scroll down, and there it is. magical. great work. where did you get the carbon fiber from to lay it and how hard was it?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts