Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, just wondering what everyone thinks about the latest Celica. The body looks great, but mechanically (apart from a bit extra horses) isn't it just a glorified Corolla??

·
Where's my boomstick?
2,528 Posts
eh, its better than the gen4 celicas, 2 of the 4 models were just 2 door camry's, same engine, tranny, suspension, brakes.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Stevethecleric said:
eh, its better than the gen4 celicas, 2 of the 4 models were just 2 door camry's, same engine, tranny, suspension, brakes.
uuuum... that would be 3 out of 4 of the 5th generation and some of the 6th gens too.. The GT, GT-S and ST models of the 5th gen celica were all "equiped" with 5sfe engines and so did some of the 6th gens, the specifics of which though iam not sure but some did come out with the later generation 3sge.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Its in the body style, interior, options.
You don't get the TRD Panasoinc Corolla. You don't get rear disc in the Corolla, until the XRS. The 5 gen Celica's control are right at driver's finger tip. 5 gen got 10 speaker option.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Can we go back to my original statement??? The new celica (apart from it's CD player), interior design and body shape is basically a Corolla. All the important bits such as the engine, suspension and running gear is Corolla!

·
Registered
26 Posts
noddygts said:
my thoughts exactly.
paying close to 270/month liability only on the rolla right now.. kinda steep, might have to a wait awhile for that to drop unfortunately:thumbdown
shit thats high, im paying liability and fire/theft for $375 a year over here in oz on my 90 model celica "GTS"

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.