1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Asian N00b Modder
2003 Camry V6 LE
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
BC Racing Coilover -- Installed *UPDATED with review*

Official Review:

So to start off, I got these installed this past wednesday. Install from what I witnessed was swift and easy, the installer said that they were pretty good quality dampeners and haven't seen much for my car, but the ones he has seen was pretty crappy compared to these (only other ones were Ksports he saw).

Once installed, I took it out for a spin (mind you, this is just the drive home on a bumpy road) Settings here were 24 clicks all around (default). height was 1 finger gap in the front, and 1/2 in the back)

Rubbed all over the place due to the ride height. -- Stiff as hell too and the fact that it was so low made the bumps worse. Turning was painful and I couldn't figure out until I got home and saw the tires all burned up from the rubbing.

I took the car back on thursday and had all 4 sides raised 2 fingers all around. the car began to handle a lot better -- turn response improved, and the car began to respond to turns tighter. Body roll at this point is non existent.

This is still at 24 clicks in the front and 24 in the back.

Today, I drove the car out this morning at 0 clicks FR/RR to test how it handles and it feels great. there's a definitely a noticeable difference in 0 and 32. I definitely recommend these coils for anyone who wants it.

I've taken tighter turns, faster and it feels like the car is acting as it should naturally. I took a 15M turn this morning at 40 and it felt good, I felt like I can push it even more now.

Package --

Side View --

Back Springs + rates

Front Springs + rates

BONUS! FISHTANK!

happy happy joy joy!!!
Installation soon to come! -- stand by!!

·
"Everyone Lies"
camry 5gen
2,033 Posts
hell ya.
cant wait for the pics and info on the ride

·
Registered
02 Camry SE v6
1,060 Posts
+2. I'm glad you were the guinea pig on these, I hope they work out well, because I want them bad......

·
Goes Against The Grain
02 Camry SE V6
18,081 Posts
+2. I'm glad you were the guinea pig on these, I hope they work out well, because I want them bad......
You're gonna put coils on your fish tank too????

·
Asian N00b Modder
2003 Camry V6 LE
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
you guys are hillarious! -- as far as these go -- I see nothing but good reviews. I wouldn't be a guinea pig at all.

SRT4 Forums say they are great, so does the STI forums. Only thing I see that was negative was people bitching about them coming from taiwan. I'm from taiwan biatch!!! Anyway, this company makes for well known businesses, and they are decent. Ksports from what I heard do not carry the simple mount for your breaklines.

I've also heard that a guy that bought a set of ksports and they blew, so I couldn't buy those.

v6secamry -- thanks for the info on these mang!

i'm going to have them up next tuesday. We'll see what happens.

Considering I have my 18x7.5s they may have to roll my fenders, I'm still bouncing around and I really scrape up the inside a lot on hard turns.

·
Taco Tuesday!
1,604 Posts
^ ahhh shit, gen5 on coils ftw!
^indeed. adjustable coilovers are literally the only alternative to kyb replacement struts + stiff lowering springs as far as performance suspension goes. i'm tired of plowing and bouncing around on blown struts, as i'm sure gellenole is as well.

props to gellenole for showing me BC racing. i was on the fence between megan adjustable coilovers and kyb struts for about a year.

i'm wondering where he got his set from though. i got it from boostanddestroy.com mainly because of free shipping and the extenders for the rear knobs.

·
Asian N00b Modder
2003 Camry V6 LE
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ahh yeah -- mine I believe comes with extenders as well, but i'll check and make sure hwen I get home tonight I should haev the same equipment -- the guy just opened it out of the box for me.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts