Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
NJ Redneck
2005 Toyota Tacoma
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I get a set of Donahoe C/Os do I HAVE to get a new set of control arms? What are the benefits?

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
I dont have dhoes or UCA's but after reading many threads i think i understand. one of the main reasons people are getting the uca is because on some trucks after alignment the castor is off and not to factory specs. so with the new uca you have more adjustment in castor and can get it back to factory specs. also, i think it may give you slightly more travel in suspension. oh and they look cool. it is also possible you may not need them at all, so what i would do is: install the dhoes, get an alignment. if it comes back not within factory specs, then get the uca. if it comes within factory specs, then you are ok and dont need to spend any more money.

am i right toku, AN or do i sound like an idiot?

·
Registered
Toyota Taco 05'
695 Posts
Im pretty sure on the 05+ a UCA gives an extra 1" travel. If anything just buy a set of Camuburg UCA's not the Dhoe UCA's.......... it will help your wallet out

·
2007 Taco 4x4 Off road
77 Posts
If you add more than 2" of lift your starting to shorten your travel.

Otherwise stated you can still align the truck properly with 2" of lift, at three you may be able to get the alignment done but your at the end of the range... So for 3" of lift it's better to have the UCA.

Spot

·
NJ Redneck
2005 Toyota Tacoma
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Has anyone done any modifications to their lower control arms? Swapped them out for longer travel arms?

·
NJ Redneck
2005 Toyota Tacoma
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Perfornace Products offers the D'hoes C/Os in a performance, or long travel option. I guess these pairs of arms would go along with the long travel C/Os?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts