Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Toyota Camry
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bout a 1980 Corolla Wagon, the interior is pretty beat up but otherwise it is in good shape. I am noticing that on stops the engine tends to want to die on me, it will do it more often when in drive but will occasionally do it when i shift it into neutral as i stop. The carburetor was recently rebuilt so could this just be the carburetor needing adjustment? I have never worked with such a small engine with a carburetor but I am pretty good with cars so I will understand technical speak. Also, does anyone know a good place to find seats (new replacements or reupholstery) and carpet in Tucson, AZ. One final question, has anyone tried to put a more modern stereo in these cars? How difficult is it and how do the fit in the stock radio spot (I do realize it will take cutting into the dash if i put it here, I will probably avoid doing this)? and has anyone tried putting a security system in these? If so, do you know/remember which wires went to which parts (parking lights, accessories, power, ignition, etc.)

·
Registered
1988 Corolla SR-5
3,042 Posts
Has the car been sitting for a long time?
If so, it might just be stale gas. If the gas in it is relatively fresh, I would say check the usual suspects, carb adjustments, timing, plugs, distributor cap and rotor, etc, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts