Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Corolla 2004 LE 2 months ago, and I keep it parked in my garage.

Today, when the car was out I noticed a dark patch about 1 foot by 2 feet wide on the floor on the spot which would be under the engine when the car is parked there.

It is not a serious oil patch on the floor or anything like that, but it seemed odd to me that the floor should already show signs of oil leakage after such a short time.

My question: Is it normal to have what seems like slight oil leakage on the floor from a brand new car after only 2 months?

Thanks

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
short answer: No.

Long answer: Take it back to the dealer, and if you have to, drive them to your house and show them the oil leak. Assuming it is still under warranty.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think this is more likely a transmission leak or power steering rack leak. Oil leaks are very rare Corollas unlike GMs. My money is on the steering rack! Agree, get the bloody dealer to have a look!

·
Registered
2007 Lexus IS250
165 Posts
Before you do anything, make sure the oil filter is tightly in place (if not, tighten by hand) when the engine is completely cold. And I do mean cold. This will make sure you don't look like an idiot if that were the problem.

·
Registered
103 Posts
hey camphorn what color is the puddle cause oil and power steering fluid is brownish/blackish and transmission fluid is usually red

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Did you get an oil change done recently.. maybe the fool that did the oil change didn't tighten the filter enough. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts